Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Differential oil question

Old 02-24-2016, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I can tell you it works, though. Haven't had any leaks yet.
there are plenty of drug dealers on the street that still haven't gotten caught, that still doesn't make it right.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3313738705.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	638769  
Old 02-24-2016, 07:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
there are plenty of drug dealers on the street that still haven't gotten caught, that still doesn't make it right.
Everything you post about the cure time is absolutely correct.
Jeep wants the sealant in place and the cover torqued before it even starts to set up. The sealant is squeezed so thin in the joint the fluid can't seep out, as evidenced by all the covers and pans I have installed.

My point is, some have lamented the wait time when using RTV type sealants, when a wait time is not necessary, and is actually not recommended.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Everything you post about the cure time is absolutely correct. Jeep wants the sealant in place and the cover torqued before it even starts to set up. The sealant is squeezed so thin in the joint the fluid can't seep out, as evidenced by all the covers and pans I have installed. My point is, some have lamented the wait time when using RTV type sealants, when a wait time is not necessary, and is actually not recommended.
No argument there. I was just saying what the tube says.. I only know because the last time o used it I actually read it and learned that. I have no real beef against rtv as I've always used it, and will continue to. I got the lube lockers because I recently changed gears and didn't want to mess with it after a few days when I broke them in.
On a side note, I was surprised with what they actually feel like. I was expecting something more along the lines of he felpro gasket I used for my oil pan. That thing was beefy.

Quick Reply: Differential oil question