Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Different Types of Kits?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Types of Kits?

I saved enough money (haven't bough it yet) for a TF Long Arm 3 inch kit finally after 2 years of having the JK but now it seems that Terraflex has this prerunner kit?
I've seen some prerunner trucks before and they seem to do stuff fast in the desert but if I put a prerunner kit as apposed to the TF LA would I still be able to crawl as well as the LA kit? It looks like a prerunner kit will give you the flex and wheel travel for going fast so would it also work as well as an LA going slow?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Is this an actual TeraFlex kit? Or are you talking about the custom built prerunners that were in some of the mags?

You could just add the TF SpeedBumps if you are wanting to go desert racing...
Old 11-12-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Is this an actual TeraFlex kit? Or are you talking about the custom built prerunners that were in some of the mags?

You could just add the TF SpeedBumps if you are wanting to go desert racing...
I heard that TF was making a prerunner kit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEAAcb_mGew I heard its on the black two door in this vid.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

What kind of wheeling will you be doing? I'm guessing crawling, as you mentioned it. Doesn't hurt to ask though!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt852
I saved enough money (haven't bough it yet) for a TF Long Arm 3 inch kit finally after 2 years of having the JK but now it seems that Terraflex has this prerunner kit?
I've seen some prerunner trucks before and they seem to do stuff fast in the desert but if I put a prerunner kit as apposed to the TF LA would I still be able to crawl as well as the LA kit? It looks like a prerunner kit will give you the flex and wheel travel for going fast so would it also work as well as an LA going slow?
Yes you will be able to crawl with this kit. It uses the same arms in the normal LA kits EXCEPT the rear lowers are straight. It comes with SpeedBumps, limiting straps and some new minor detail items that help finish the kit off. TeraFlex is working on a video that is dedicated to this new kit that will explain it.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Yes you will be able to crawl with this kit. It uses the same arms in the normal LA kits EXCEPT the rear lowers are straight. It comes with SpeedBumps, limiting straps and some new minor detail items that help finish the kit off. TeraFlex is working on a video that is dedicated to this new kit that will explain it.
Sweet exactly the type of info I was looking for I guess I'll wait till the prerunner kit comes out. Is there are a big difference if the rear lowers are straight? Most of the time I will be going fast in the desert I say the ratio to fast to crawl is like 4 fast wheeling times to 1 crawl wheeling
Old 11-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Sweet exactly the type of info I was looking for I guess I'll wait till the prerunner kit comes out. Is there are a big difference if the rear lowers are straight? Most of the time I will be going fast in the desert I say the ratio to fast to crawl is like 4 fast wheeling times to 1 crawl wheeling
Better clearance at full compression with the rear control arm brackets. Now this kit is designed around 35's only, so keep that in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz0lpGP0m8
Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Better clearance at full compression with the rear control arm brackets. Now this kit is designed around 35's only, so keep that in mind.
Ah okay I think I'll have to compromise how about the TF LA with some coilovers will I be able to do what that black jk can? I'm only gonna run 35s on a 2dr look awesome and I wouldn't do anything fast on 37s cause then the CG will be way way up there.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Ah okay I think I'll have to compromise how about the TF LA with some coilovers will I be able to do what that black jk can? I'm only gonna run 35s on a 2dr look awesome and I wouldn't do anything fast on 37s cause then the CG will be way way up there.
Yes you can run coilovers with the LA kits. The PreRunner JK in the video is using Fox shocks that are tuned for this kit along with SpeedBumps. Save some $ and go this route. We can always arrange a test ride here for you in the PreRunner JK.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 11-12-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Yes you can run coilovers with the LA kits. The PreRunner JK in the video is using Fox shocks that are tuned for this kit along with SpeedBumps. Save some $ and go this route. We can always arrange a test ride here for you in the PreRunner JK.
No way a test drive in the PreRunner JK! I'm going snowboarding in Utah February I'll try to drop by.

Quick Reply: Different Types of Kits?