Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Different Front and Rear Aftermarket Bumpers

Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Front and Rear Aftermarket Bumpers

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the Smittybilt XRC front bumper, but simply do not like their rear bumper options. How many people here have different manufacturer's front and rear bumpers? I dont have the benefit of being able to see all my options in person and things are hard to see details on online. I imagine the manufacturers all have slightly different textures/finishes. Is this true? I am obvioulsy most concerened about function, but at the same time I dont want to look goofy with 2 different looking textures/finishes. All input is appceiated. Also, if anyone specifically knows what other manufacturers would "match" smittybilt, that would be great! Thanks.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a rough country front bumper and the expedition one rear. Obviously they are both black in color but the texture is completely different. I thought it would stick out but its front and rear you really can't see both at the same time and I was going more for functionality over looks. And in the end if it really bothers you sand and paint or powder coat.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x2, I run an LoD front bumper and a GenRight tire carrier & bumper. Both are black, but slightly different color. Nobody notices except me.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a rampage front and a RockHard w tire carrier rear. Both have a slightly different black finish but they look perfectly fine together.

Pick the two best that you like and go with it!

Quick Reply: Different Front and Rear Aftermarket Bumpers