Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

A diff way to relocate rear shocks

Old 11-18-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you limit the up travel with the shock, it's a very bad thing. If you have larger tires, you need to limit up travel anyways, or do some trimming. Just don't let the shock become your bump-stop.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by sneck
it seems besides extra clearance (which is always good), the only comment people seem to have is that the give more down travel, but limit up travel. My only real question about that is, is limiting up-travel a bad thing? If the axle can't flex into the body as much, doesn't that just mean less chance of high centering?
Technically the EVO RockStars Skids do NOT limit up travel, they allow you to use the unused couple of inches of the shock travel (in compression) that was previously wasted. So you get full potential from the shocks and gain all the ground clearance.

Basically your axle will go up the same amount as it did before, but will go down further.

This is assumed that your shock and bumpstop configurations allow for this, which almost all that we have seem can benefit from the EVO RockStars.

EVO

Last edited by Andrew@EVOMFG; 11-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubicorn
If you limit the up travel with the shock, it's a very bad thing. If you have larger tires, you need to limit up travel anyways, or do some trimming. Just don't let the shock become your bump-stop.
He's right, you want the bumpstops to limit the up-travel, not the shock, or the fender or the frame etc....

I'm thinking of getting the EVO Rockstars.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah rock stars seem wicked sexy. Once my funds recover from my latest evo purchases I'll probably buy a set; does anyone know if they work with the teraflex trackbar relocation bracket?\

I wish evo was just within driving distance of me, I'd go in debt up to my eyeballs letting them trick my rig out
Old 11-18-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Andrew@EVOMFG
Technically the EVO RockStars Skids do NOT limit up travel, they allow you to use the unused couple of inches of the shock travel (in compression) that was previously wasted. So you get full potential from the shocks and gain all the ground clearance.

Basically your axle will go up the same amount as it did before, but will go down further.

This is assumed that your shock and bumpstop configurations allow for this, which almost all that we have seem can benefit from the EVO RockStars.

EVO
I am getting these. Asked if in stock last week and hell yes. Not to mention I get mud in the stock mounts all the time! I hate it. I am also getting the t-case shift knob! Hope I never have to use it on the axle though!

Quick Reply: A diff way to relocate rear shocks