Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diff skid instal

Old 05-01-2008, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brent_f70
O....missed that part I guess that $170.00 drew my attention away from the freebee

No doubt.. you should have seen my jaw drop when they told me that's the regular price.. Then they tried to feed me the line about needing "special MFG. addatives" because of the LSD...

I asked why can't I just use a good synthetic.. The guy tried to tell me because it would void my warranty if I didn't use Chrysler's addative.

Then I asked how much the addative was in case I wanted to do my own diff service.... $110.00.

Stealership indeed...
Old 05-01-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Saharicon
Yup, that's it.. I'm installing the D30 and D44 Rugged Ridge/Warn diff skids (no not diff covers).

it looks to me like it's pretty straight forward..

1.pull the bolts off the diff
2. leave the stock cover in place
3. position the diff skid
4. use new bolts provided by Rugged Ridge

Is it really that simple? Should I be concerned about the diff cover wanting to come off when I remove the bolts? Maybe I should strap it in place while doing the mod?

What do those bolts get torqued to?

Thanks in advance

Old 05-01-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't done it yet!!! lol

Sunday looks like a mini-wrenching day for me... I'll be putting in my diff covers, steering stabilizer, engine/tranny skid (only doing the skid if I get my oil drain valve), and grab handles.

When I do the work, you'l get your pics!

Quick Reply: Diff skid instal