Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diff Covers and Stock Track Bars

Old 07-12-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In also guessing that you won't be flexing out like crazy so I doubt it will fit. Have you called PSC?

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-12-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RST JK
I was looking into Solid as well. I just want to be %100 that i will have no issues with factory track bars.
I have a solid cover on my D30 with a stock track bar. No contact. It looks like a similar design as many others, ( dynatrack ).
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. I think i'm leaning towards Solid now.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Marc W
I've been wanting to add some diff protection for the occasional off road excursion in the rocks. No serious boulder crawling but I figure I could still bash a diff (or more likely peel a lip in the rear)with a little bad luck.... so I'd like to have some protection.

I have a stock suspended 2013 Rubicon that I do not want to lift. I leveled the front with a .75" spacer and it's right where I like it. I have 33" tires that work without needing to do more and I don't plan on going any bigger.

So... I see all these nice heavy duty covers at a reasonable cost (specially the PS at $89) and I figure that would do the job. They're advertised for Jeeps so I decide to go that route.
But hold on.... most don't mention that they actually won't fit due to "clearance issues". Fortunatly I got wind of that and started calling around and asking.
I got every answer from yes they do, to no they don't, to you'll have to try it and find out! This is one of those wierd Jeep things where I just can't get a single answer to a simple question.

Anyway... I started asking about the Poison Spyders specifically and pretty much everybody (that should know what they're talking about) told me that the stock front track bar will not work with those. But with the rear... I've gotten everything from "not even close/absolutely not", to yes but... you "might" have a slight rub, to..."no problem" with the stock bar at stock hight.

So I got mad and ordered one (today) and I'm going to stick it on the rear and see if the damn thing clears the bar or not. If it has a slight rub then I'll just grind a little off one of those spyder legs and make it work.

For the front... I guess if I want to go the fat cover route, I'll need to pay for one of the adjustable track bars that will clear. I was told the TF Monster bar will for sure. That of course adds a substancial cost to the whole thing and has me re-thinking what to do in the front. Remembering this is not a serious rock crawler and my little .75" lift in the front doesn't exactly need an adjustable track bar.

I was looking at the Four X Doctor cage type set-up and that seems like it would work pretty well by just protecting the bottom of the diff and having sort of a ramp/slider shape to prevent a straight on impact to the cover. I'm assuming that sitting on just the lower third of the cover like that, the track bar doesn't get down that far with a stock suspension.

I'll have to think about the front for a while but at least when I'm done with the rear.... I'll be the only person in the world that will know for sure if a Poison Spyder Bombshell Cover will fit on the rear of a new '13 Rubicon without rubbing.
Any update - I have a '13 Rubicon & looking at diff covers right now & getting the same variety of answers regarding the track bar rubbing that you mentioned. I'm interested in your experience.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Four X Doctor

Any body running the Four X Doctor Diff covers? Link attached... I think they are different looking, haven't found a good shot of them though.

Four X Doctors CJ44 - Four X Doctor Diff Guard for Dana 44 Axle - Quadratec
Old 09-04-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Been running Riddler diff covers since 2011 and love them!! No issues whatsoever so I highly recommend them, plus I love the look!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Baddintentions4u
Been running Riddler diff covers since 2011 and love them!! No issues whatsoever so I highly recommend them, plus I love the look!
Mine rubs

Sent from my Obama phone using JK-Forum
Old 09-04-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

2011 Rubicon. Stock wheels & tires. No red, no problem. .75 spacer. Rancho in the front ARB in the back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2734977764.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	494996  
Old 09-04-2013, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

I emailed Teraflex about their D44 covers and they said it will clear the stock TB F&R.
Not a lot of TF covers out there after searching the forums about it.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 4X Dr diif protection. Painted to match Jeep. I like the look. I think a full cover like ARB, etc. provide better protection though.

Quick Reply: Diff Covers and Stock Track Bars