Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diff covers

Old 05-28-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff covers

I know I know this is most likely already a thread but Im on my way out of work and I really would like to know...

I have ARB diff covers sitting in my shop at home and Im going to install them this weekend before a car show so what do I need to get for Oil? and do I need a new gasket or can I just use the old one?

Thanks. Rodney.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

royal purple for fluid

rtv for gasket. clean off the old stuff real good. or u can always get lube lockers. they're reuseable and cut to fit.

also WOL did a write up in the 'write up' section. search 'changing your differential fluid' or something like that...
Old 05-28-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rodney
I know I know this is most likely already a thread but Im on my way out of work and I really would like to know...

I have ARB diff covers sitting in my shop at home and Im going to install them this weekend before a car show so what do I need to get for Oil? and do I need a new gasket or can I just use the old one?

Thanks. Rodney.
Depends on what your needs are.
If you do not tow, or head into extreme trails, any 75-90 gear oil will meet your needs for the rear. If you have a limited slip, don't forget the additive.
For the front 75-90 will do fine.
If you do tow or hit some extreme trails in the summer months, than 75-140 should fit your needs.
That said, when I say any what I mean is any synthetic.
Royal Purple is a good oil, as are a few others, but at any rate Synthetic is a must.
I use Amsoil in the diffs.
As for the amount, can't help you with that, but as I recall the ARB has a fill plug, and normally fill to the plug.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Yep, the ARBs have a fill plug. Went to a synthetic when I made the switch from stock.

Quick Reply: Diff covers