Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diff. cover dilemma

Old 01-17-2014, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have riddler dif covers front and rear and they rub on my Jks adj trac bars when flexing a little bit
Old 01-17-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ibanez0154
After peeling back my covers twice I went on a recommendation for the brand " solid" covers. I bought them off of justjeepgear with lube locker gaskets for 90 and change each. Highly suggest them.
X1000000000

justjeepgear friggin rocks!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are all pretty much the same, choose what you li,e and want to spend they all hit rocks the same...
Old 01-17-2014, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Ok thanks I'll do some searching and ask the shop as well..... He works on jeeps only 90% of the time has a great built up jeep himself and sponsors many jeep events up here. Thanks again
No problem.... some other names to throw on the list.... ballistic, artec, barnes, and ruffstuff as stated above. All good stuff.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Think I'll order one from, 'Solid' and see how it works out. I want peace of mind when we go deer hunting this coming fall. We have to 4-wheel an old creek bed for almost 2 miles to get to our camping area. Feels like 200 miles. Wiped out mentally afterwards.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nmoldie
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Think I'll order one from, 'Solid' and see how it works out. I want peace of mind when we go deer hunting this coming fall. We have to 4-wheel an old creek bed for almost 2 miles to get to our camping area. Feels like 200 miles. Wiped out mentally afterwards.
Good choice , just keep in mind that the bolts are exposed and will be bashed in on the rocks so be careful not to hit into it to much if possible. Get yourself a big ole synergy tierod, it's so stout and will protect your diff a bit too!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

I was told to buy some socket head bolts for the Solid diff cover so if you scrape them up a bit, you can still remove them later.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by socal_hemihead
I was told to buy some socket head bolts for the Solid diff cover so if you scrape them up a bit, you can still remove them later.
Something I wish I had thought of beforehand, lol!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by socal_hemihead
Soooo would the Poison Spyder be a better way to go vs the Solid? If I had to choose between the two? Or same thing would happen? Thx
Old 01-18-2014, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

I'm not expert, but it's my understanding the Posion Spyder may rub. I'm leaning towards Teraflex or Solid and based on the cost, probably the Solids so I can get the lube locker gaskets.

Quick Reply: Diff. cover dilemma