Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diff. cover dilemma

Old 01-16-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff. cover dilemma

OK. I know this has probably been discussed before and I have read tons of ads but...I want some real world reports. I would like to install some aftermarket diff covers on my '13 JK Rubicon. I have installed a TF leveling kit and that's it underneath. I am looking to keep the cost down as I honestly don't do any real hard core wheeling. What I am looking for are covers that will 100% not rub on anything. Presently I am looking at either a 'Riddler' or 'Solid' cover, if they have the clearance. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

The ARB's are sort of the "Standard" ones you will see. Both of the ones you listed will serve you just fine.

even mild offroadeing you will bang the front. The rear is a little harder to hit but can still be done!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my riddlers ever so slightly hit the rear, front was fine. cant speak for others. personally i feel arb is overpriced. Also the covers can get peeled from the diff on stockers, ive personally never seen anyone do it first hand. I have seen the g2 aluminums break very easily though.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I run the riddler covers and they fit good with no rubbing. They are solid and can take a beating!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

After peeling back my covers twice I went on a recommendation for the brand " solid" covers. I bought them off of justjeepgear with lube locker gaskets for 90 and change each. Highly suggest them.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

SOLID, great price, great product
Old 01-16-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the ARB's and like them a lot. Northridge had a special shipment done for them in black instead of the usual ARB red. They have a conveinient little dipstick and the bolt heads are recessed. They are a little bit more expensive than others, but are definitely well made and VERY heavy
Old 01-16-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been running Riddler covers front and rear with a TF leveling kit for a long time now. Never ever had any clearance or rubbing issues.

They are stout and the price is right!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

I had a Riddler, but apparently they changed foundries and my refill plug did not stop and seal. Got it exchanged for a Dynatrac + a little more $.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
I had a Riddler, but apparently they changed foundries and my refill plug did not stop and seal. Got it exchanged for a Dynatrac + a little more $.
ive heard that, but mine were fine. You could always use a thread sealant also if you get a bad one, but i agree it shouldnt be that way.

Quick Reply: Diff. cover dilemma