Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

didnt fit

Old 10-06-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99%Stock
This is what you need:

TeraFlex Spare Tire Extension Bracket

I would also look at getting these to avoid damaging your tailgate.

MBRP Inc. Spare Tire Bracket Reinforcing Kit

and

Daystar Tailgate Bump Stops

that would be nice and cheap to do but also the tail gate will sag when opening it for the weight of the 35s thats what im really worried about i but it on and you can feel it sag a little so i think the tire carrier bumper is the best way to go but i cant spend no 1g on it
Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

There's always the Rancho. Not much in the way of a "bumper", but for $400.00 it will carry your spare and save your tailgate.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=rancho+bumper
Old 10-06-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

the way he did it looks good i really like the smitty tho hahai iwsh i could get it cheaper
Old 02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeoFishnJK
They make alot of adaptors they push the spare out a little to allow you to mount a 35" tire. The problem is you'll get alot of vibration out of the spare because it will not contact the bump stops on the tailgate. This vibration will also cause wear on the tailgate and hinge assemblies. I made two lift plates that moved the whole spare carrier up 3" and then replaced the rubber bump stop on the tail gate with 3/8 flat head bolts I can adjust the meet the tire. I then mounted one of the factory bump stops on the bumper that helps support the tire when closed. Add a little felt strip to the button latch assembly and I get very little noise and no vibration. Temp fix till I can afford a rear bumper but better then anything I have seem on the market. If you'd like I'll post some pics when I get home. I now run a 37" spare.
Can you post some photos of what you did? Thanks.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by deekum1627
i guess it would be safer to get a tire carrie i dont wanna fuck up the tail get i was looking at this one but i dont know if it is for the jk some places say it is some say its not so idk

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...4&partID=10503

i know it say 06 for that bumper but i seen it on a few sites that say 07-09 but im not sure who to belave or if it fits both idk but this is the price range i have to work with
The one linked is for a TJ. They make one for the JK that of course costs more.
Anything that doesn't take the weight off the tailgate will eventually fail. Rancho is the cheapest option, I can't comment on it.
I run the OR-FAB tire and can carrier unit, which you can get without a can carrier as well.
You can pay for a tire carrier now, or you can pay for one once your tailgate fails, and pay to fix your tailgate. It is probably better to run without the spare whenever possible than run without a carrier.

Quick Reply: didnt fit