Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Did you adjust your toe-in?
Yes
55.17%
No
44.83%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Did you adjust your toe-in?

Old 03-16-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you adjust your toe-in?

I just put some 35" Goodyear Kev's on with my 2.5" TF Coil Lift. I'm curious if I need to adjust the toe-in. I'm sure there are other people out there with the same setup I have, so I'm wondering how many people are adjusting their toe-in.

For the most part the ride is great, but I've noticed it's a little bit more shaky at certain speeds. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the tire shop not being real exact when they balanced the tires more than anything.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Not to hijack, but when I tried to get my toe to speck, I can't get a good measurement halfway up on the tire because when I try to measure the rear, my ds and lower control arms get in the way of the tape measure, how can I get around that and stil accurately set it to 1/8"
Old 03-16-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drgreybow
I just put some 35" Goodyear Kev's on with my 2.5" TF Coil Lift. I'm curious if I need to adjust the toe-in. I'm sure there are other people out there with the same setup I have, so I'm wondering how many people are adjusting their toe-in.

For the most part the ride is great, but I've noticed it's a little bit more shaky at certain speeds. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the tire shop not being real exact when they balanced the tires more than anything.
I voted NO because it didnt work.

I had almost the same set up as you, but i had the 2.5 teraflex BB and 35 MTRs. The steering wheel was pretty shaky because of the caster not being adjusted. With my stock wheels on i got horrible death wobble, when i put the 35s on i did not get death wobble even once. So i took it to the shop thinking they could adjust my stock arms and they said they couldnt and just fixed my toe. It did nothing for me. The shaking still continued and i saw no improvement in the ride. Get cam bolts to adjust your caster and itll fix the shaking.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Cam bolts are not the best solution, especially if u wheel it as they can come unadjusted. Adjustable control arms is the best solution for adjustoing caster
Old 03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

I've adjusted toe-in to 0, +1/16", +1/8", up to 5/16" (bent tie rod). I'm at 1/8" now, still have a little shake between 42MPH-49MPH. I'm going to rebalance soon.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ssunde1
Cam bolts are not the best solution, especially if u wheel it as they can come unadjusted. Adjustable control arms is the best solution for adjustoing caster
Yeah this is true. Just thought id give him a less costly solution!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ssunde1
LCA's are def a better solution for obvious reasons but cam bolts get a bad rap though for no specific reason. For the common off road weekend warrior cam bolts will be just fine. I have them, i know. Call AEV and ask why they use cam bolts. Now, I'm not saying that an adjustable control arm set up is not better but unless you are doing some high speed offroading that involves some serious bumps/transitions, cam bolts will suit your needs and leave your wallet a little bit more full.

Quick Reply: Did you adjust your toe-in?