Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Did shop install sway bars in wrong?? Plz help

Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
It's a simple fix but if you paid someone to install it I'd be pissed. How can you trust everything was torqued to spec if they can do the obvious correctly.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
x2! ....
Old 03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by k0260
x2! ....
X3!!! I don't care how tired or long it took him, he knew damn well that didn't look right... I vote a visit back followed with an ass chewing!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which shop was this so the rest of us can avoid this?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Which shop was this so the rest of us can avoid this?
thank u al for ur feedback and info. will fix this tomorrow b4 i go to work. the shop that did the install was big brand tires in bakersfield ca. i spoke with the mech that did the install b4 he got started asked his experience with lifts how many jeeps and if he ever installed a teraflex lift b4, he said hes done about 20+ lifts 5 or 6 jeeps never a teraflex so i figured it would be ok, after it was done i asked him how it went he said it went smooth no problems. i am pissed but also understand that ppl make mistakes will bring this to the shops attention asap and demand that everything be inspected and ckecked. again thank u all

Last edited by steveups; 03-05-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steveups
thank u al for ur feedback and info. will fix this tomorrow b4 i go to work. the shop that did the install was big brand tires in bakersfield ca. i spoke with the mech that did the install b4 he got started asked his experience with lifts how many jeeps and if he ever installed a teraflex lift b4, he said hes done about 20+ lifts 5 or 6 jeeps never a teraflex so i figured it would be ok, after it was done i asked him how it went he said it went smooth no problems. i am pissed but also understand that ppl make mistakes will bring this to the shops attention asap and demand that everything be inspected and ckecked. again thank u all
i just left Bakersfield this eve. Unfortunate, hopefully they adjust themselves.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep305
That jeep had a purple lift right??? I saw that also and saw that couple at a couple Jeep meet and greets here in Maryland.
That's the one. I used to live in MD and I'm still on the feed from that group. Not sure what was more questionable, the upside down track bar, or the kit being powder coated purple...
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

How much was the labor for the install. I have a teraflex 2.5 me and a buddy installed in my drive way. It was my first lift install but with my friends instruction it really was simple. I imagine if we had a vehicle lift and shop tools it would have been easier. next time before you have a mechanic do any work hit up your local 4X4 club and host a wrench party at most it will cost you some beer and pizza. you would be surprised by the amount of people who would do it free just because they love doing it and helping out a fellow jeeper.

Quick Reply: Did shop install sway bars in wrong?? Plz help