Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Did I make a mistake w/OME HD Lift?

Old 02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did I make a mistake w/OME HD Lift?

Last week I ordered the OME lift w/ HD springs, the AEV front bumper & skidplate, and the Warn 9.5ti. After looking at some of the other posts here the stocker 32" BF Goodrichs look alittle small for the lift. Some of you guys are getting 3" or alittle more from that combination. So I started looking for 34's, planning to keep the stock rims. It looks as if there are really not alot of mud terrains around that are 34's and able to be mounted on the stock 7.5" rubicon wheel. I'm now looking at 35's and rims ..... next will be new gears. When does this nightmare end?

Last edited by sdhexpert; 02-09-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdhexpert
Last week I ordered the OME lift w/ HD springs, the AEV front bumper & skidplate, and the Warn 9.5ti. After looking at some of the other posts here the stocker 32" BF Goodrichs look alittle small for the lift. Some of you guys are getting 3" or alittle more from that combination. So I started looking for 34's, planning to keep the stock rims. It looks as if there are really not alot of mud terrains around that are 34's and able to be mounted on the stock 7" rubicon wheel. I'm now looking at 35's and rims ..... next will be new gears. When does this nightmare end?
It's that nightmare we all love and would not change it if we could called
JEEP. sounds like nice set-up by the way.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

After you get those coils installed and drive on them and let them settle... Let me know.

I just put BULL BAR and Winch on today and the front is a little saggy now.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Last week I ordered the OME lift w/ HD springs, the AEV front bumper & skidplate, and the Warn 9.5ti. After looking at some of the other posts here the stocker 32" BF Goodrichs look alittle small for the lift. Some of you guys are getting 3" or alittle more from that combination. So I started looking for 34's, planning to keep the stock rims. It looks as if there are really not alot of mud terrains around that are 34's and able to be mounted on the stock 7" rubicon wheel. I'm now looking at 35's and rims ..... next will be new gears. When does this nightmare end?
Do you have a 2 door or 4 door??

Where did you buy your OME lift?

IF it's a 2 door and you got your lift from Northridge and got thier "heavy duty" kit, it comes with heavy duty front springs and medium rear springs.
But with the weight of your new bumper and winch it should be a sweet set up!!........if you are positive you have heavy duty rear springs also then plan on weighing the rear down too!!

BTW I have seen several rigs with the metric equivalent of 35's on stock rubicon rims..you WILL need 1.5'' spacers though.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

17 inch wheels are tougher to find tires for overall.

The height of the tire though really doesn't matter with any wheels though, it's the width you need to worry about. Without spacers, you might have some issues trying to fit tires any wider than the stockers on the stock wheels.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got the entire package from David @ Northridge. I have a 4 door 08 Rubicon. Got it 4 weeks ago. I'm assuming the rear springs are the medium for the 4 door also, since I have seen a couple of comments from David about how hard they ride (but maybe those comments refered to the 2-doors). Although I didn't double check, I will call him on Monday to verify now. I also got the adjustable track bars ..... haven't seen any posts if these are worth the money or not. Guess we will see.

I will probably end up with the AEV rims and 35's (BFG Mud Terrain KM2's). Seems even most of the 34's that I have seen recommend 8" rims. I'm sure you could probably get away with it, but I want new rims anyway.

Any recommendations for ring and pinion replacements in Virginia?

Originally Posted by Bluewaterrider
Do you have a 2 door or 4 door??

Where did you buy your OME lift?

IF it's a 2 door and you got your lift from Northridge and got thier "heavy duty" kit, it comes with heavy duty front springs and medium rear springs.
But with the weight of your new bumper and winch it should be a sweet set up!!........if you are positive you have heavy duty rear springs also then plan on weighing the rear down too!!

BTW I have seen several rigs with the metric equivalent of 35's on stock rubicon rims..you WILL need 1.5'' spacers though.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

The track bars were a good choice. I didn't get them but plan on it soon. If you got the kit from Northbridge you got the HD springs for the Unlimited. It rides very smooth. I just ordered 315/75 16 KM2's for mine. They should be here sometime next week.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Got all mine from David. HD front, 300# load rear (they come in 0, 300, and 600). Also installed the FT adjustable track bars with the lift to recenter the axles. No complaints here!

Mine had squatted real bad after bumpers, winch, and skid plate but the lift took care of that plus some. It could use more rubber to fill up those big wheel openings but I'll probably settle on 33" as long as it pulls double duty as my work vehicle.

When does it end? When you finally sell it (refer to the specs on my CJ below and you'll get a feel for what can happen if you let it go crazy!)
Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm now looking at 35's and rims ..... next will be new gears. When does this nightmare end?
That's what I like to call project creep. You start off planning on doing one thing and then it multiplies...lol. I can be frustrating, but after a while you prepare yourself for it.

I'd love to finally own a vehicle that I was done wait, I traded that one off That's half the fun owning a jeep or any vehicle really. Mods/Upgrades/New Toys. If I was done, I'd get bored with it and probably sell/trade it off.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like it will be very nice when it is finished

Quick Reply: Did I make a mistake w/OME HD Lift?