Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Did I install this correctly(with pics)

Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackmetal
Ya to me in does not look center. But there were only three holes on the hook bracket thingy and four on my rear bumper frame area. But I guess thats the way it is. I'ma go get stuck and see if it works lol.
It looked that way to me when I first put it on too. But I've been stuck.. and it worked fine
Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Cab
JK Newbie

The notch in plastic is center line of jeep. If you draw a line straight from the center, it should line up with the center of the hoop. Straight down the middle of your jeep.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hoop itself is almost perfectly centered as said in the above post.

The black square highlights where the center of the bumper is. Since the hook is a J the straight part could not be centered or the U part would be way off center. Because the straight part of the hook is centered on the mounting bracket the bracket is off center ( and utilizes 3 of the 4 bolt holes.

So... YES the hook is mounted offcenter and is obviously not centered when looking under the Jeep...however the actual hook, and the location where a strap would be attached is almost perfectly centered.

Last edited by davidwm71; 05-07-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the hook is installed properly

rear hook has 3 holes. tow package thing has 4 there is no middle of 3 thus making the hook having to be centered. which means you are right. don't change it, it's how it's supposed to be.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blackmetal
OK here it is, is this correct?
I think it is. I saw a picture earlier
Thanks.
No, no, completely wrong, put it on the other way.

(Good luck with that!)

It looks like mine does.

Quick Reply: Did I install this correctly(with pics)