Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Did i get lucky?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did i get lucky?

Installed my Teraflex 2.5 coil lift. Trying to get the front springs in my axle was all over the place! Up down, side to side. I was expecting to have all sorts of issues getting the axle even with the body. I adjusted my track bar to stock length and installed it but it didn't fit. I had to turn it out several times to get the bolt holes to line up. I put it on the ground and measured... I had les than 1/16 difference. I torqued it and called it good. I had more issues with the steering wheel. The Tera flex instructions said s quarter turn. It was more like two full turns.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sooooo, I'm not real sure what the question is??
Old 11-13-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

The track bar. With my axle all over the place. I pretty much just lengthened it so it would fit while on jacks. When I lowered back down no more adjustment was needed.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did my track bar like this...

Jeep sitting on tires, on level ground.

Remove adjustable end of track bar.

Take some measurements. Both sides. I put a 2x4 flat against the out side of my tire, and measured to the frame.

You can jump on your front bumper to help get things shimmied where they should be.

Get those measurements equal. Do what ever you have to do.

Adjust the track bar accordingly and bolt it on.

Take a ride.

Double check.

Getting the steering wheel straight is easy. Loosen the two bolts on the drag link and turn it the appropriate direction. Check the wheel, adjust, check the wheel etc. Go for a short ride. Pull over and adjust. You might have to adjust a few times to get it within OCD specs.

Quick Reply: Did i get lucky?