Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dick Cepek DC-1 - Finish Coming Off. Anyone else?

Old 03-19-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dick Cepek DC-1 - Finish Coming Off. Anyone else?

Hey everyone. I picked up a set of 5 DC-1's (17") less than a year ago and after 1 winter the UV coating (at least thats what I think it is) seems to have cracked and is flaking off. The exposed metal is then corroding... or oxidizing... or something. Basically the wheels look like s!#$

I've emailed the company to see if they will help me. The wheels are supposed to be warrantied against defects. I would think this falls in that category.

Anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve the issue?
Old 03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snowstorm.Trooper
Hey everyone. I picked up a set of 5 DC-1's (17") less than a year ago and after 1 winter the UV coating (at least thats what I think it is) seems to have cracked and is flaking off. The exposed metal is then corroding... or oxidizing... or something. Basically the wheels look like s!#$

I've emailed the company to see if they will help me. The wheels are supposed to be warrantied against defects. I would think this falls in that category.

I had the exact same problem after about 2months, they started to flake around the fake beadlock bolts. The company I bought them from exchanged them about a year ago for the DC-2 because the DC-1 was discontinued because of this problem.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Cool DC-1 issue

I had a problem like that and I called them. They told me that they knew they had an issue and they stood behind it 100%. They now have the DC-2 which took care of all the issues.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snowstorm.Trooper

Had this same problem when I had these rims on my 2000 GMC Sierra. My installer/dealer contacted Mickey Thompson on the issue and they replaced the rims with no problem since they were under a year old. Got the new set, and yet again, the 2nd set did the same thing. Sent them back, but instead I had them replaced with Classic Lock II wheels and I just paid the difference.

Needless to say, i will never purchase another wheel with this type of finish on it...the manufacturer did their part in warrantying the problem, I just don't wanna mess around with that BS again...
Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

ya i have the same probleme at this moment and it s been 1 year and 1 month since i bought theme and i am wating for a answer from dick cepek !

Quick Reply: Dick Cepek DC-1 - Finish Coming Off. Anyone else?