Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diameter of hub flange change from 2007,08 to 2014? Problems with wheels

Old 04-03-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take the center caps off
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D_engel
take the center caps off
Care to elaborate? I'm not being a smart ass or anything, but you can't just pop in and say taking the center cap off will keep the hub flange from scraping the edge around the mounting surface.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 PM
JK Junkie

nvm, I now see where the wheels are not sitting flush with the hub. The centercaps will inhibit you from getting the wheel to slide over the hub flange so I jumped the gun and assumed that was your issue. Sorry I don't have any real advice to give.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
nvm, I now see where the wheels are not sitting flush with the hub. The centercaps will inhibit you from getting the wheel to slide over the hub flange so I jumped the gun and assumed that was your issue. Sorry I don't have any real advice to give.
Ah, I see. Thanks anyway.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Those new MB PRO wheels have bolt on rock rings.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Ooooookay. You folks with procomp steelies absolutely must have a smaller hub flange or don't know that your wheels are only touching around the outside like mine where. Just got my new procomp 152 15x10 5on5 3.75"BS wheel in to check and see why folks can run pro comp... The answer is.... you can't. At least not on a 2014 jk. These two pictures show my black rock 952 rims(with the paint scrapes) and the new procomp 152 rims(no scuffs). EXACT SAME MOUNTING SURFACE. Even procomp told me, when I called, that nothing extended farther in than the mounting surface and that's not normal for a wheel.... Well have a look at their rim, it's got an extruded concentric circle around the mounting surface sticking farther in than the mounting surface. I don't think he was blatantly lying to me, I just think he was too lazy to listen to what I actually was asking and threw out a generic answer.

Anyway, there's no way in hell this can ever sit flat against my jks hub. I doubt it does on anyone else's. It may be worth pulling off and making sure you are hitting the mounting surface and not just the edge of the wall around it. Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	49
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	543267Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	543268
Old 04-04-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the o.d. of the rotors mounting surface?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Hmm. I'll not busy tonight so ill just go pop a wheel off and let you know in a few minutes. You mean rotor or hub flange with the studs sticking through it?

Quick Reply: Diameter of hub flange change from 2007,08 to 2014? Problems with wheels