Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diameter of hub flange change from 2007,08 to 2014? Problems with wheels

Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take off the two star clips on 1st and 4th stud. They are interfering with the wheel fit. I just used a pair of lineman dykes to cut in two places to get mine off.

EDIT: I see jdmnt beat me to the punch...

Last edited by jeep_n_co; 03-30-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:22 AM
JK Super Freak

The issue isn't 15" wheel but could be steel vs. alloy. Stamped steel needs the flange for strength or else it would flex. I'm thinking those running 15" steel are using wheel spacers to clear the flange, since the diameter of spacers are less than diameter of rotor. The spacer sits inside the flange of the wheel and makes flush contact. Only way to test theory is for other 15" steel wheel jeepers pipe in with pictures and details.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeep_n_co
Take off the two star clips on 1st and 4th stud. They are interfering with the wheel fit. I just used a pair of lineman dykes to cut in two places to get mine off.

EDIT: I see jdmnt beat me to the punch...
haha I wish I didn't have them on there in that picture. It's hard to get folks to see past the clips being on there. I do understand that they should be removed, but the wheel is scrubbing against the hub flange before it even gets to the retaining clips. You can see all the ground down spot around the extrusion on the wheel.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
The issue isn't 15" wheel but could be steel vs. alloy. Stamped steel needs the flange for strength or else it would flex. I'm thinking those running 15" steel are using wheel spacers to clear the flange, since the diameter of spacers are less than diameter of rotor. The spacer sits inside the flange of the wheel and makes flush contact. Only way to test theory is for other 15" steel wheel jeepers pipe in with pictures and details.
Yeah, I'm curious as I've heard from lots of people that they don't make spacers with this small of a diameter. There are folks running pro comps and I think they are both made at the same place.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what your saying with scrub marks on the rim where the hub is smushing against that inner lip of the rim before it has a chance to sit flush. Looks like the lug holes are right next to that ring/lip. Not sure a spacer would even work. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2029184750.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	542422 Looks like a spacer fitting inside the lip would be close!! Sent from some string and a few tin cans.

Last edited by CerOf; 04-01-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CerOf
I see what your saying with scrub marks on the rim where the hub is smushing against that inner lip of the rim before it has a chance to sit flush. Looks like the lug holes are right next to that ring/lip. Not sure a spacer would even work. Attachment 542422 Looks like a spacer fitting inside the lip would be close!! Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Yeah, you're right. I just don't know what sort of hub flange has ever had studs that close to the outer edge. They have to be almost all the way out there. The real issue is: What's the difference in the pro comp versions of these rims that people on 07-08 jks are running? The pictures I see have the same inner lip.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I know it's not the answer your looking for, but it is a $500 fix that uses your current tires. Alloy instead of steel.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2351365671.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	542659  
Old 04-01-2014, 10:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
I know it's not the answer your looking for, but it is a $500 fix that uses your current tires. Alloy instead of steel.
Thanks! I like the trackers and I also like the MB razors, I just feel like I need a fake beadlock around the lip to break up all the black. If I can't get info on the procomps that folks are running, I'm probably going to go with the razors. I may even have summit ship me just one of the procomp rims and fit check it. I'll lose 30 bucks on return shipping, but at least I won't have to do anymore research haha.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Bit the bullet and bought a 15x10 5on5 Procomp 152. 3.75"BS just to see if it will fit or not. $30 dollars for return shipping is worth way less than the amount of time and effort tracking down information about these things. Should be here in a few days from summit.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

MB is coming out with a new "Pro" line of wheels. Starting with a 17. Black with metal flake.

Quick Reply: Diameter of hub flange change from 2007,08 to 2014? Problems with wheels