Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

DiabloSport Trinity or Superchips Vivid

Old 01-10-2012 | 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Trinity has a "Performance Crawl" tune -- I use it.
What does it effectively do? Lower the crawl ratio even further than stock?
Old 01-10-2012 | 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
I saw that Diablo Sports has a new tuner called inTune. How does it compare with the Trinity?
I believe this is a closer step to the vivid since its physical device is phone like although it does not have as many bells and whistles as the vivid.

Comparing it to the Trinity, from what I heard from the sales rep, the Trinity is more designed to be used while driving the vehicle. It has more features and functions for monitoring than the intune, for example one of them being the drag strip timing. He also said the Trinity has more supported applications. The intune was basically their upgrade from the predator, their basic tuner, while giving it a new sleeker form factor. Both the intune and the predator were meant to tune and be put away in the box, whereas the Trinity was designed to be left in the vehicle and used daily.

Last edited by JRunner01; 01-10-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2012 | 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JRunner01

I believe this is a closer step to the vivid since its physical device is phone like although it does not have as many bells and whistles as the vivid.

Comparing it to the Trinity, from what I read on the Diablo site, it seems just the physical device is whats different. Again smaller package perhaps since its phone like
The inTune is quite cheaper than the Trinity and closer to my budget. By reading the website it seems the difference is just the hardware, but I'd like to confirm before making any decision. So, for daily use like I do with my Bully Dog I should look at the Trinity?

Last edited by Sahara_Maverick; 01-10-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-10-2012 | 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

The inTune is quite cheaper than the Trinity and closer to my budget. By reading the website it seems the difference is just the hardware, but I'd like to confirm before making any decision.
Updated my post above... re read it
Old 01-10-2012 | 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JRunner01

Updated my post above... re read it
Yup! I saw your edit after I posted. ;-)
Old 01-10-2012 | 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

So, for daily use like I do with my Bully Dog I should look at the Trinity?
I'm not sure what the Bully Dog does but based on the two between Trinity and Intune, sales rep said Trinity is designed more for daily use.
Old 01-25-2012 | 09:22 PM
JK Freak

Is there a vast difference between these ? Is it a matter of a couple more HP or torque either way? Roughly a 20/25 jump. I would think that vivid offering a solid trans tune would give it an advantage. I read an article that called Superchips the "Walmart" of tuners like they are cheap and low quality. I already cast my vote I guess since I have a vivid on the way so I guess I'll see.
Old 01-26-2012 | 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti

Yeah I would like to know what sort of transmission tweaks it allows. Let me know how that works out for you. The transmissions in these things need a lot of improvement.
I just installed my Vivid and plan on testing the tranny tune options soon. Right now I am just testing the different performance tunes. I want to do some thorough research on tuning the transmission because IT know you have to be real careful. It does however not only allow you to change shift points but also adjust the torque management. I'm really liking the Vivid so far.
Old 01-26-2012 | 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

I just installed my Vivid and plan on testing the tranny tune options soon. Right now I am just testing the different performance tunes. I want to do some thorough research on tuning the transmission because IT know you have to be real careful. It does however not only allow you to change shift points but also adjust the torque management. I'm really liking the Vivid so far.
Keep us updated brother.. I orderd mine from the slowest motherfucker on ebay apparently. 530 tho couldnt beat it
Old 01-27-2012 | 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Update. I ordered the superchips on ebay got a decent price.. Paid for it sunday and it is now Friday and it hasnt even shipped.. Thats ridiculous

Quick Reply: DiabloSport Trinity or Superchips Vivid