Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diablo Trinity or superchips

Old 06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo Trinity or superchips

Ok guys and gals,

Interested in buying a programer but am up in the air about what what to buy. The two that I have narrowed it down to either the Trinity or Superchips. Please let me know what everyone thinks.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

i would go with super chip only because i looked on the trinity sight, does not tell u performance gains and cant lock ur axles in 4 high. i have been searching to trying to get the most power and so far the one that every one has been telling me about is super chips. so i think thats the way to go man but if u get the other one and u like it a lot definitely let me know
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

I will make sure that I give a full review of the Trinity if I get it. I know that it looks like it would give a lot of options. I have an email into Diablo right now to get some more information about. Will post with what they say.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered a Trinity for my wifes Jeep last week. I t won't be here until the end of the week. So I'll probabably get to playing with it next week. I'll start a thread for it since I think there are only threads asking about it. But none detailing the actual use.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kind of interested in it as well. The superchips is great and I think offers some features that the Diablo doesn't. But I'd like to do some tuning of my own. I have a wideband O2 sensor and some tuning experience in the Subaru world. I think it would be fun to mess around with.

I think it would be nice to have the ability to create a custom tune with a throttle mapping customized just for me and what I like for example. Also according to RIPP the JK runs a 14;1 AFR at wide open throttle. I've also seen some other dyno sheets that show the same thing. That's super lean. Rich best torque is 11.5:1 and lean best torque is 13.3:1. I've never seen another stock vehicle that was so lean at wide open throttle. It might be interesting to bring that down to the 12.2:1 - 12.5:1 range and see if there is some power to be had.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diablo Trinity or superchips

Unless you require the custom tuning capabilities of the Trinity, or like some the extra features of it, it's really not much better than superchips. The diablosport predator or superchips flashpaq would be a better comparioson. The Trinity obviously gas the gauges, the multiple tunes, the 5v input for something like a boost input or wideband O2 sensor. Unless you have a power adder its tuning capabilities are well beyond what a JK stock engine would ever need.

I'd loved the predator and just use a aem scan gauge, but the tuner I've always used prob won't do a JK tune.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doc_D
I'm kind of interested in it as well. The superchips is great and I think offers some features that the Diablo doesn't. But I'd like to do some tuning of my own. I have a wideband O2 sensor and some tuning experience in the Subaru world. I think it would be fun to mess around with.

I think it would be nice to have the ability to create a custom tune with a throttle mapping customized just for me and what I like for example.
I had the same thought - from what I understand through their "CMR" software you can download the current tune to your PC, edit it and then upload it to the programmer - just need to know where to get the editing software to make the changes - I'd like to play around with it for cruise a/f ratios, upshift/downshift points and all the usual stuff that comes built-in to the superchips like locker engagement, TPMS, etc. If it could allow locker engagement in Hi range without the programmer connected I'd buy one right now just for that feature!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

The fact that the trinity allows for so much tuning is what has me leaning towards it, but the simplicity and reviews of the superchips has me wondering if it is worth the dyno time.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lbwhotrod
The fact that the trinity allows for so much tuning is what has me leaning towards it, but the simplicity and reviews of the superchips has me wondering if it is worth the dyno time.
right on. +1 for Superchips here.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Of course if you have a 2011 or plan on getting a 2012, there's no choice since Superchips has been unable to provide a tuner to program new Jeeps.

Quick Reply: Diablo Trinity or superchips