Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diablo, SuperChips or Bully Dog?

Old 11-27-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful with the superchips. It causes knock/ping with some Jeeps and the company wont help you if this happens.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superchips customer service went from good to awful in the last year and a half, I would go with someone else if I had it to do over. There isn't that much of a performace gain to go with a company that won't help you when you need it with there product.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK_Oman
Superchips is good but you will notice it when add a CAI and cat back and help when re gearing in setting the speedo meter

Diablo is great when adding RIPP long tube headers and SC as RIPP will send you a custom tune to match your needs.
I was running the Superchips and swapped to Diablo once installing my Ripp Headers. I can't really compare but like the fact I can install a custom tune since I have headers. Can't do that with Superchips. Never had any issues on the 91 Superchips tune.

Last edited by SergeantChuck; 11-27-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Hypertech has an impending (Nov/Dec) software update that will put its abilities on par with SuperChips. Check out this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...he-game!/page1

I had been running the "REGULAR" Hypertech tune form them over a year. I have just recieved a programmer from them with the "new" soon-to be released software and have been running it since just before Thanksgiving. I have about 150 miles on it. They now have a tune specifically for the VIPER throttle body mod.

According to the November 2011 Off-Road Adventures magazine, the JK Max Energy now has:

Optimized power tuning (same old feature)
Adjustable throttle-body tuning (specifically mentions the Viper)
Adjustable throttle response (looks like it will compete with the SprintBooster)
TMPS adjustment (about time!)
Multiple idle settings (very cool - especially the "automatically raise the idle rpm to provide full alternator charging capacity" when winching feature)
Top-speed limiter (always advertised, never available)
Rev limiter (always advertised, never available)
Cooling fan on/off temps (same old feature)
Tire/Gear calibrations (same old feature)
Engine fan on (new and very cool! pun intended)
Disable traction control (Rubicon only - great to get rid of that POS!)
Enhanced sway bar disconnect (Rubicon only - 2wd, 4wd-hi)
Enhanced diff locker (Rubicon only - 2wd, 4wd-hi)

I have also done the VIPER throttle body mod. I am extremely happy with the performance I am getting from this combination (TB + Hypertech tune). I am seeing faster acceleration, power and MPG increase of 1 to 2.0 MPG. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS INCONCLUSIVE since I have been running the new tune for about 150 miles and the ECU has not fully adjusted to it yet. My initial impression is "WOW" from the seat-of-pants meter and observed MPG. I will need to run several tanks of fuel to get some final impressions and true MPG increase.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justmegsb
Hypertech has an impending (Nov/Dec) software update that will put its abilities on par with SuperChips. Check out this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...he-game!/page1

I had been running the "REGULAR" Hypertech tune form them over a year. I have just recieved a programmer from them with the "new" soon-to be released software and have been running it since just before Thanksgiving. I have about 150 miles on it. They now have a tune specifically for the VIPER throttle body mod.

According to the November 2011 Off-Road Adventures magazine, the JK Max Energy now has:

Optimized power tuning (same old feature)
Adjustable throttle-body tuning (specifically mentions the Viper)
Adjustable throttle response (looks like it will compete with the SprintBooster)
TMPS adjustment (about time!)
Multiple idle settings (very cool - especially the "automatically raise the idle rpm to provide full alternator charging capacity" when winching feature)
Top-speed limiter (always advertised, never available)
Rev limiter (always advertised, never available)
Cooling fan on/off temps (same old feature)
Tire/Gear calibrations (same old feature)
Engine fan on (new and very cool! pun intended)
Disable traction control (Rubicon only - great to get rid of that POS!)
Enhanced sway bar disconnect (Rubicon only - 2wd, 4wd-hi)
Enhanced diff locker (Rubicon only - 2wd, 4wd-hi)

I have also done the VIPER throttle body mod. I am extremely happy with the performance I am getting from this combination (TB + Hypertech tune). I am seeing faster acceleration, power and MPG increase of 1 to 2.0 MPG. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS INCONCLUSIVE since I have been running the new tune for about 150 miles and the ECU has not fully adjusted to it yet. My initial impression is "WOW" from the seat-of-pants meter and observed MPG. I will need to run several tanks of fuel to get some final impressions and true MPG increase.
Why would disabling traction control only be the the rubicon? Isn't the traction control universal to all wrangler models?

Quick Reply: Diablo, SuperChips or Bully Dog?