Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Diablo intune was a wash!

Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo intune was a wash!

Well bought a lot of add ons this week and the one I was most eager to use caused my jeep computer to have issues!
Followed everything step for step took 2 hours to upgrade the intune with all the "fixes" then went to my jeep feeling a little worried about doing the tune and that took an hour and a half of turn on key turn off key unplug intune plug into of and load a new tune for your jeep plug back in to jeep do this do that!
Wow after all was said and done it was an hour and a half to load the crawler tune and in doing so I lost all fuel peddle response and my cooling fans were not recognized by the ECM.
I forced my stock tune and hope to heck its all fixed as I have a 6 hour drive to work on Sunday and it well drive me nuts not to have my jeep with me up there.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give diablosport a call! The unit could be faulty? I'm using the trinity and my first unit I was going to get was faulty but thanks to the guys I got it from checked it out before they sent it to me.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

My diablo sport in tune didnt work, I returned it. The product isn't fully developed, they say it will work for a 2012 wrangler but apparently it won't work for a 2012 6speed, no matter what tune I uploaded I would get a dead gas pedal
Old 03-29-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Cam36
My diablo sport in tune didnt work, I returned it. The product isn't fully developed, they say it will work for a 2012 wrangler but apparently it won't work for a 2012 6speed, no matter what tune I uploaded I would get a dead gas pedal
Is it worth getting for the 2012 auto?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes it works...I have it on my 12 JKU...Throttle response instant...Shift points a little higher...
I have it on 87 Octane tune...Would recommend...
Old 03-29-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem so I sent it back. I lost confidence in the product and wasn't comfortable with it messing with my ECM. It seems they can't get it to work with the manual jeeps.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have Trinity, & it's ok. I haven't noticed a huge gain running the 93 tune.
Originally Posted by Cam36
IIRC, there was an issue w/the manual jk's, but I thought they had it cleared up(you may want to check the Diablo forum).
Old 03-30-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

I took it back tried everything on the intune and it's a neat little unit. Should have known it was to soon and done way more research.
I would buy one again when the bugs are worked out but I think next time I'll go with one that well allow me to run my lockers in 2w and 4H as well.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 12 Arctic Unlimited
Yes it works...I have it on my 12 JKU...Throttle response instant...Shift points a little higher...
I have it on 87 Octane tune...Would recommend...
I think I might get the AEV Procal and wait awhile for all the bugs to be worked out.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

In my opinion the Procal is a must when lifting and adding bigger tires. Helped mine out alot going from stock to 35s and then to 37s. Not so much in performance but in getting the right shift points and so on.

Quick Reply: Diablo intune was a wash!