Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Detroit locker help

Old 01-23-2017, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jd_was_here
So the place I had all the work done said to turn off esc with a programmer and that will fix my issue of limp mode and cel .Any thoughts before I try this.
Won't work. First of all, you can't disable ESC anymore. In 2014/2015, it is even more restrictive as government says consumers can't be able to turn it off.

That said, even if you could (there is a couple wires you can cut), it won't help. The Jeep is still going to read the speed sensors at the wheels and compare it to the engine rpm and trans speed sensor. Any anomaly will result in limp mode. That's to protect the driveline from damage.

Even in 4 low, you can no longer fully turn the ESC off.

Setting all that aside, any shop that installs a part that everyone knows won't work and then to fix it tells you to drive around with safety features turned off, should be shut down. Turning ESC off would turn off your ABS and all traction control as well.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that, I guess il settle my losses and get get it taken out..
Old 01-23-2017, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should really tell us what shop did this so that other Jeepers don't end up going to them and getting butt-love like you just got.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AZ differential out here in phx AZ.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets just hope that they get in front of the problem and work with you make this go the right direction. Good luck, I do hope that they are helpful.

Quick Reply: Detroit locker help