Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Delayed throttle response

Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
Yes I have this problem exactly. I hear the rev and everything but nothing happens. It makes me want to bash my head into the windshield.
2009 2dr six speed...yes hesitation still bvery apparent and annoying
Old 09-09-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

im actually interested, if the 2010 guys really don't have this happening to them, if a 2010 ECU would make a difference? thats strange the timing gets retarded that far, i noticed it too but just dealt with it. it annoys me too, but moving from fast sports cars and stuff i didnt expect much from the 3.8L van engine. but if i come across a 2010 willing to swap ECU's, ill test it out.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Das
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tslewisz
One of the early questions in this thread was about years affected. My '10 doesn't do this stuff.
Maybe a cheaper fix than flashpaq or sprintbooster would be to buy a '10 electronic throttle control ( I have no idea if you can buy just the potentiometer, or the whole pedal-unit) and install it in a 07-09.

Might be cheaper than the above mentioned. Ill have to look into this.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So i have a 2010 2 door sport 6 speed and i have the same issue, it comes and goes but is very appartent at 1700-2000 rmp between 2-3 gear and 3-4 and 4-5, the worst being 2-3 gear
Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

YES! Finally someone put to words what I've been trying to explain.

My 08 6spd has this exactly. Always around 2000 rpm, in any gear, but obviously the most noticable on the 1st to 2nd shift due to the slower speeds, less momentum.

I found that the Superchips helped, but did not eliminate it. Mostly I shift to avoid it. Whats weird is that when you shift early, the car accelerates normally, until you hit that RPM range where your acceleration slows, the motor seems to hesistate, then around 2200 it clears and boom your back into the accleration.

Any fixes???
Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Torrin
That or you can try a Superchips, it helps with throttle response as well.

I have the superchips programmer. What feature should I be using to solve this problem?

I hate the super sensativity of the throttle while in 4-lo, and 2wd hi - first gear.

Any ideas?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

I also have my gripes with my 07 6 spd. It seems to happen mostly after the engine is warmed up no matter in hot or cooler weather now that it's November in Detroit. Mostly going from 3rd to 4th (RPM?) the RPM's will "hang" and makes for an awkward shift, especially if I'm trying to blow past sluggards in traffic. I've also looked at Sprint Booster but then 4WD told me about Diablo Predator in saying that it will fix the accelerator lag also. So I'm thinking, for less money the Predator will tune AND fix the lag? But who's to say is the best way to go? Thanks to those who have offered experience with Superchips and Diablo. Any thoughts on any other tuners? Is it even a little gain for the money or maybe Chrysler does have a flash for this obvious annoyance? Sorry for all the questions.

Quick Reply: Delayed throttle response