Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Deiveshafts

Old 02-03-2021, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Deiveshafts

Let’s talk driveshafts since I’m sure this topic hasn’t been beaten up enough. I know that Tom woods and a few others make great drive shafts. But what about the teraflex rzeppa drive shafts? Anyone have any good or bad info on these? I’m kind of in the realm of having to choose wisely between pinion angle and caster, so with the rzeppa ds’s, would their cv joints allow for a more extreme angle and are they worth the absurdly high price?
Old 02-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

While I can't speak to the material in between the teraflex rzeppa's, I did rebuild my rear driveshaft with their joints (killer deal where someone had bought them and never used them)- and the joints work as advertised. No maintenance needed and whatever my angle is in the rear (2dr, 2.5" metalcloak w/o rear arms), they operate just fine. I was running north of 80mph just a couple weeks ago and you wouldn't notice any difference in the driveline from stock. I imagine they can't mess it up too bad with a chunk of steel in between. Worth the price though- tough to say, aren't they double what it costs for a standard ds in the rear?
Old 02-03-2021, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Yea, they’re not too far from double the cost of a typical u-joint style drive shaft. A front and rear kit is like 1800 or 1900 bucks vs 1200-1300 for a u- joint style from the big name people.

Quick Reply: Deiveshafts