Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

defeat door chime

Old 05-18-2021, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts
Default defeat door chime

2013 JKU , has anyone figured out how shut off the door chimes? is there a wire to cut or maybe change a setting somewhere? front door open with key in chimes go off and my ears bleed (just kidding) very much dislike that chime....must be a way to silence it?
Old 05-18-2021, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

I think you can turn them off with the settings on the dash computer, if not I believe JScan app also has that option.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Been a loooong time, but pretty sure the owners manual for my 2008 listed the procedure. You can download one from jeeps website if you don't have it handy to see if it is in the manual for your year...

Disregard, I was thinking about the honk when locking/unlocking

Last edited by nthinuf; 05-18-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This can be done through the appropriate diagnostic tool/software. Thanks to the thread titled, Key and Security, I was able to use this tool to program a new chipped key. Look up the ODB JScan app, you will also need to order a ODB2 bluetooth connector. I believe you need to purchase the app to change most of the settings. It was $20, the ODB2 connector was $29 from Amazon.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B082LSRC...roduct_details

The tool can also be used to disable the TPMS warning light when you have tires or wheels that do not work with the stock sensors. You can read codes and many other useful tricks. I have a feeling this tool will pay fopr itself multiple times over.

Good luck.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Thank you all for your inputs. I believe I will purchase the app and try my luck at changing the settings.... will keep everyone posted as I go down this path.
The following users liked this post:
bamBam75 (11-10-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 09:14 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I remember seeing a procedure to turn off the seatbelt chime, I don’t remember what the original post was about, I don’t have power locks or windows, so I just keep my doors unplugged

Quick Reply: defeat door chime