Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Decisions Decisions for my '12 JKUS

Old 05-29-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions Decisions for my '12 JKUS

First off I would like to note I've done my research. I wanted the look of a 4" lift, 37" tires and flat fenders.
But after doing my research on the added for upgrades and considering this is going to be my DD and it will
see 95% of its life on the road, I went back and did more research. I read the sticky threads posted by
TheDirtman and wayoflife. After reading those threads and doing a little more research I've come to the
conclusion that 37" on a 4" lift or 3" lift with flat fenders is not the best idea. I would just like to note I drive
15,000 to 17,000 miles a year.

I'm not sure what I would need to fit a 35" using flat fenders if anything at all. I wasn't sure if I would need
coils, shocks and/ or spacers or at what height (1.5", 2", 2.5", etc...). I've never modified any of my vehicles
since money has always been tight and I didn't keep my vehicles very long. I plan on keeping my JK for a few
years before trading in for another JK. I would also like to note I do plan on changing out the front and rear
bumper, non-tire carrier, as well as changing the awful side step. I'm sure the added weight from the after-
market parts will make some difference. I've looked at RK, Teraflex, Metalcloak and RE. I've heard nothing but
good reviews.

Suggestions?
What's your current setup (lift, tire dimension, aft fenders, aft bumpers)?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U can make 35's fit at stock height with flat flares and with a 2.5" they will fit with stock flares. If it was me and I wanted the flats I would go with a 2.5" with the flats and call it a day

Quick Reply: Decisions Decisions for my '12 JKUS