Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Decided against lift, back to 33s drawing board.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on sticking to 33s with no lift, but I do plan on trimming the fenders. Later down the road I plan to get a 2.5 lift, So I am hoping it looks decent haha. That is the fun of it, right?

Anyone have pics with no lift and trimmed fenders on 33s?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
For an aggressive looking tire thats great in the snow the DuraTrac is going to be a hard one to beat. These are rated for severe winter conditions and many people can comment on how well they do.

As for the size, well thats going to depend on your wheel and suspension plans. Without a lift I would recommend the 285/70R17 size. with a mini lift you'll have a few wider and taller options.

Give us a call if we can help you with more specifics. Call TC at 1.888.459.4080 51826. He just lifted his Jk and installed 35's. He may be able to share his opinions on the subject.
did the price on the duratacs go up since about 2 weeks ago???
Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005
did the price on the duratacs go up since about 2 weeks ago???
It's possible. Tire prices usually go up and down with the cost of oil. Tires are about 60-70% oil.

Quick Reply: Decided against lift, back to 33s drawing board.