Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Decided against lift, back to 33s drawing board.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome resQuace! Thank you!
Are you pleased with them vs.the 35s you had.on?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratracs

I've been doing my research for the exact same thing. My choice after doing so is going to be Duratracs. Most of my time in four-wheel drive will be when I'm in the snow so I was looking for the best snow tire that also performs in mud, dirt, AND pavement. Everything I found pointed to Duratracs as my tire of choice. Now if I can just wear the rubber off of my stock BFGs, I might convince my wife to let me go and get 'em.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speed2005
Awesome resQuace! Thank you!
Are you pleased with them vs.the 35s you had.on?
I haven't trailed on these yet, but think they fit the leveling kit perfectly! Should have little, to no rub, when articulated...may have to extend the rear bumpstops 1"...will no more after hitting the trail next weekend!

here's a 33 pic followed by the failed experiment with the 35's...

Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by speed
So now that my JFK is finally here, I feel it’s too new for me to mess with the suspension (I waited a couple years to modify my previous new rides too).
I was going to do TF2.5" with 35” Duratracs but I am going to wait a few years to do that.

I am still getting the Rugged Ridge 17inch wheels in black. What’s the most aggressive 33 inch tire that is good in the snow? Mainly street driven JK. I was looking at the 33” Duratracks but they look smaller and not as aggressive as compared to other 33’s I saw in the “Show your 33’s” thread.

To summarize I am looking for beefy 33’s that are good in the snow too. If such combination is not available, I might keep my stock wheels for the winters.
Thanks fellas
You might want to rethink on those 33's. I see you have a auto. I was going to do the same until the service Dept told me, if I went any larger than 32's it would void the warranty on the trans because Chrysler has no way to change the shift points.

Last edited by Rhino64; 03-15-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol! I mirrored the pic so it was facing the same direction as the before pic! Thought that might freak a few out!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rhino64
You might want to rethink on those 33's. I see you have a auto. I was going to do the same until the service Dept told me, if I went any larger than 32's it would void the warranty on the trans because Chrysler has no way to change the shift points.
AEV's ProCal module adjusts the shift points on the auto...picked it up for $150 from Northridge!
Another good reason to go with the Duratrac's as the measure just over 32" on a 9" wheel at 35 psi?!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by resQace
AEV's ProCal module adjusts the shift points on the auto...picked it up for $150 from Northridge!
Another good reason to go with the Duratrac's as the measure just over 32" on a 9" wheel at 35 psi?!
Yes I know. Brought that up answer was Chrysler does not recognize it.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rhino64
Dealers build them and sell them new with 33s and 35s all the time. I can’t imagine they sell them without warranty.

I’m not too worried with just 33s and most measure a bit smaller anyhow. Better than my initial plan of 35s and 2.5 inch lift right away
Old 03-15-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Yes I know they do and it really gets down to you're dealer if they are mod friendly. I can't see where 1" tire size is going to make any difference even if you don't change the shift points,but it seems Chrysler is always looking to void the warranty if anything is changed.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

^ Looks great!

Quick Reply: Decided against lift, back to 33s drawing board.