Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Decided against lift, back to 33s drawing board.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decided against lift, back to 33s drawing board.

So now that my JK is finally here, I feel it’s too new for me to mess with the suspension (I waited a couple years to modify my previous new rides too).
I was going to do TF2.5" with 35” Duratracs but I am going to wait a few years to do that.

I am still getting the Rugged Ridge 17inch wheels in black. What’s the most aggressive 33 inch tire that is good in the snow? Mainly street driven JK. I was looking at the 33” Duratracks but they look smaller and not as aggressive as compared to other 33’s I saw in the “Show your 33’s” thread.

To summarize I am looking for beefy 33’s that are good in the snow too. If such combination is not available, I might keep my stock wheels for the winters.
Thanks fellas
Old 03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005
So now that my JK is finally here, I feel it’s too new for me to mess with the suspension (I waited a couple years to modify my previous new rides too).
I was going to do TF2.5" with 35” Duratracs but I am going to wait a few years to do that.

I am still getting the Rugged Ridge 17inch wheels in black. What’s the most aggressive 33 inch tire that is good in the snow? Mainly street driven JK. I was looking at the 33” Duratracks but they look smaller and not as aggressive as compared to other 33’s I saw in the “Show your 33’s” thread.

To summarize I am looking for beefy 33’s that are good in the snow too. If such combination is not available, I might keep my stock wheels for the winters.
Thanks fellas
/why noit go with the 35's with flat fenders like Bmore30 here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post2010779

I just got my 35 duratracs mounted and they are 34.25...and that is without the load of the Jeep...Im guessing when its all said and done they will be about 33.75. 33 Duratracs will be like 32 or so.

Its up to you, but if you want them now, you will REALLY want them when you get 33's. I was back and forth for like 2 months, im glad I got them...

Now one more month of waiting while I install a RC 2.5 lift and flat flares...
Old 03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmat1980
/why noit go with the 35's with flat fenders like Bmore30 here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post2010779

I just got my 35 duratracs mounted and they are 34.25...and that is without the load of the Jeep...Im guessing when its all said and done they will be about 33.75. 33 Duratracs will be like 32 or so.

Its up to you, but if you want them now, you will REALLY want them when you get 33's. I was back and forth for like 2 months, im glad I got them...

Now one more month of waiting while I install a RC 2.5 lift and flat flares...

Those look GREAT! What wheel and size are they??
Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4Jeeper
Those look GREAT! What wheel and size are they??
Pro Comp 7069 Flat Black with 315/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jmat1980
I'm one of the few here that likes the stock painted Sahara fenders :lol: (for now I am sure I will want to change things up over the years)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I here nothing but good about the new
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T and they look amazing. Better in person then pics and pretty good in snow. www.offroaders.com
Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks fellas
Why not at least go with a leveling kit? It would look a lot better on a stock jk and you might havce rubbing issues runny 33's on a stock jk. I have a 2010 and just did the leveling kit, looks so much better.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

For an aggressive looking tire thats great in the snow the DuraTrac is going to be a hard one to beat. These are rated for severe winter conditions and many people can comment on how well they do.

As for the size, well thats going to depend on your wheel and suspension plans. Without a lift I would recommend the 285/70R17 size. with a mini lift you'll have a few wider and taller options.

Give us a call if we can help you with more specifics. Call TC at 1.888.459.4080 51826. He just lifted his Jk and installed 35's. He may be able to share his opinions on the subject.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

I'm one of the few here that likes the stock painted Sahara fenders :lol: (for now I am sure I will want to change things up over the years)
X2 here that is why i downsized from 35's to 33's , didnt want to go Flat Flare and didnt want to lift it anymore than my currant 2" lift and 35's hit on flex
Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Told ya I'd post some pics...I don't have too many yet, as I'm 48 hours into this new set up...but here's what I've got...

Stock Sahara

Add Teraflex Spacer Leveling Kit...

Add Duratrac 285/70/17's on VTec Raptor 17x9 wheels w/4.5" backspacing...

I was torn between the Nitto Trail Grapplers & the Duratrac's myself...but in the end went went with the better snow tire!

Good luck with your decision! Hope the pics help...I know pics on this forum have helped me out a ton the last couple of months...helped me pull the trigger on the leveling kit...wheel choice...wheel size...and VDP front bumper end caps!

Pleased with the end result (well, til the next round of mods)...but the tires are quiet...and look a lot more intense in person than in pics!

Quick Reply: Decided against lift, back to 33s drawing board.