Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble Victim=ME!!

Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
I always do ten over just to be sure. My track bars at 135 and the bolt has yet to snap.
@ MKJeep, here's a good example !
Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

135 is not going to do anything. Its ten ft lbs. more. There are people here with their trackbars torqued from 140 to 160. I have had mine torqued to 135 with no issue for two years and I am using grade 8 shouldered bolts.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yoda
@ MKJeep, here's a good example !
Eh, any good jeeper always keeps extra bolts anyhow. If you do snap one , just replace it. I've snapped bolts below their torque settings and some where brand new freakin factory bolts. I've come to find you need to replace the factory ones with grade 8 shouldered bolts anyway. You can torque the crap outta a 9/16 grade 8 before it snaps. The factory metric grade 10's are not so great.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble Victim=ME!!