Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble... Really need help

Old 08-18-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Update:

Took the jeep this morning to a dealer that had a BDS track bar in stock before i bought it i wanted them to look at my jeep....... here is the laundry list

-upper and lower ball joints are blown, both sides
-rod end at the pitman arm end of the drag link is bad
-track bar, the frame end is bad. good amount of play
-he said i should put a steering stabilizer on it and that will fix some things.... I KNOW, stabilizers are like bandaids i dont agree with that, i like having one it does mask some things but that is not a reason for this.

I just dropped my jeep off to get the ball joints replaced 1st thing in the AM, The track bar will be put on and alignment will be redone after that at the shop that did my alignment the other day, they are going to do it for free...

So tomorrow i should have some answers/drivable jeep..... at least i hope
Old 08-19-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Default Update

Update.....

Picked up the jeep this morning after it had upper and lower ball joint replaced along with replaced the front track bar

A LOT BETTER

still not 100% but we are getting there

The jeep is now across the street getting a alighnment done and the dranglink end replaced

After i pick it up all that is left is to put the Steering Stabilizer back on and im waiting on the brackets for that, should be in at any time today.....

Tomorrow morning it goes up the see my friend Kane Ricardi to get my Evo Front Axle C gussets welded on..... THEN!!!

THIS JEEP WILL BE AT RAUSCH ALL WEEKEND!!!! hahaha At least i hope i can get it there
Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear things are working out. If you've got access to a torque wrench, you really should check the specs on your track bar. Shops aren't always careful with such things, and 125 lb/ft is a lot of torque.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

make sure they weld the c gussets on sloooowly. You really should have had this done prior to the new ball joints as there is a risk of heating them and ruining them.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble... Really need help