Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death wobble once again...

Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The death wobble... Had it happen,was not fun!

The dealer said it was because my steering stabilizer failed they fixed it went away. It was back a month later they said and did the same thing. The third time I happened I upgraded to the rough country duel steering stabilizers and I have never had a problem since.

Not sure if it was to true problem but it worked, it was cheap, and it looks great! Never looked back

Best of luck!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

first time i got it i had the dampining on my front shocks set to low, the second time i got it the stock ss was leaking fluid, after that i had a left front tire out of balance. the harsh and rapid jaring of death wobble can fatigue many parts and braces, EVERYTHING must be looked at after ocurrences to make sure all is safe operating order.

yes, you can use a ratcheting torch wrench they can be picked up for about 50.00 on up. good luck and hope all goes well
Old 02-25-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Junkie

I was at the dealer this morning.

Suspension and direction is okay.

In the instruction, Rough Country writes that the caster has to adjusted at 4.6 degree (+,- 1 degree)

The maximum that the technician can put is 3.12 WTF ?!?!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow dealership mechanics (I have no faith in them)

Time to buy some tools and show your Jeep who is boss.

In my case, I originally discovered a blown bushing, but after replacing the bushing and tightening the track bar back up, it happened again.

Upon further investigation, I (we)found that the axle mount holes had wollowed out ever so slightly and realized we needed to do a bit of reinforcement to accommodate the gap.
Specifically, a 3/16 steel plate was welded to the front and backside of the mount, then upped the bolt size to a 9/16 grade 8 hardened bolt (fine thread) which fits snug in the bushing collar.
This bolt fits exact in the new plate mounted.

All fixed

Take the bull by the horns- you can do it.
It's fun to lay under your jeep

Edit:
I moved this to modified tech, I thought you might get more input here

Last edited by Dizzyliz; 02-25-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Death wobble once again...