Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death wobble once again...

Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death wobble once again...

Death wobble once again this after noon...

Do you know a write-up or a link where can I find all the parts to check?

I know that the trac-bar has to be tightened at 125 lbs. Can I do it with a wrachet? Or I need a pneumatic tool?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Junkie

No idea?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

I dont think you need pneumatic tools. This thing that fixed my death wobble was new front lower control arms. I also put on a new track bar but it was the control arms that made the difference.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

My Death Wobble was caused by the end of the tracking bar bushing. It was slopped out and was scary. New heavy duty Tracking arm from Teraflex did the trick. Even if it was at 125 lbs. it could still move around in the mount. You may start there. Do a search for death wobble I think there was a list of causes and Myths.

That STAIN on the seat will clean right out
(It's not called the FUN WOBBLE)
Old 02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your track bar bracket on the axle for cracks or broken welds - this is what caused my death wobble.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not going 45 over certain sections of road is what cured my death wobble, but I'm just a stocker so you're problems are probably different.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
Not going 45 over certain sections of road is what cured my death wobble, but I'm just a stocker so you're problems are probably different.
That is what I did for a whole year prior to getting new control arms. It got to be that I didnt enjoy driving my Jeep or going out on trails and using it to it's full potential. Now I have fallen back in love with my Jeep.

The thing with the death wobble is there can be so many different factors that can cause it and not every fix being the same.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rangleme
That is what I did for a whole year prior to getting new control arms. It got to be that I didnt enjoy driving my Jeep or going out on trails and using it to it's full potential. Now I have fallen back in love with my Jeep.

The thing with the death wobble is there can be so many different factors that can cause it and not every fix being the same.
Exactly......and one thing that people don't realize, especially if they are running big tires, is that it only takes a little bit of mud, say packed on the inside of the rim that you didn't see, and that can, and will cause death wobble. Or say the loss of a balancing lead. Sometimes it can be just the smallest of things to cause it. Big tires out of balance can be a big factor.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

I hope this never happens to me. Sounds pretty bad in all the posts I've read. Good luck with yours.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
I hope this never happens to me. Sounds pretty bad in all the posts I've read. Good luck with yours.

Thats why they put stain resistant seats in the JK.

Quick Reply: Death wobble once again...