Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble? Im not sure?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death Wobble? Im not sure?

So ive been wheeling in the snow lately, and about 4 days ago I got pretty stuck, managed to get myself out, but to do so I was dry steering like crazy and found my way out. then I got off the trial and my jeep was wobbling funny, a relatively constant left-right-left-right play or 'tugging' on the wheel? I went in a got my alignment checked and it was pretty far out. once that was fixed the wobble stopped. today i went wheeling again in the snow, some more dry steering. and yet again got off the trail and it was wobbling the same way. right around 90km/h, and at like 120km/h it was unbearable. BUT on the way home (about 45 minute highway drive) the wobble seemed to go away? I am still going to get my alignment checked again tomorrow. But does anyone know what this might be? Could I have bent my C's or axles? but that wouldnt go away after driving?

any help or advice is appreciated, I have no freakin clue whats wrong with my baby.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Sounds like you are getting snow where it shouldn't be.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually? Could snow be causing this? The other day it sat in my garage for about 8 hours and completely melted off? And the wobble was still there?

Quick Reply: Death Wobble? Im not sure?