Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble Help

Old 03-01-2017, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
or remove it to double check it . they replaced ss, & drive shaft, and checked alignment . and it still wobbled I asked them to please check the track bar . They said its not that and did not remove it to see. So i then had TB replaced the with a tereflex monster on my own dime the next day or so. All wobbles gone . Dont count on A dealer to really look at things well. They could have saved the drive shaft and ss and wheel alignment parts and labor, if they just popped the track bar off to see the hole was wallowing slightly. For some strange reason they dont like to hear the word track bar. They love the word steering stabilizer . they even went as far as saying it was my tires. But i had them balanced twice and even removed the tires and tried second set to be sure . They said i had two sets of bad tires lol ( it was the track bar ) If you want something fixed right . do it yourself . Lesson learned Rather than remove it they tightend it so tight it crushed the track bar bracket from factory a bit
Yikes. Wish I had the tools and resources to do it myself
Old 03-01-2017, 11:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappi
I will try to find some local help in the meantime. Thanks
Have you looked in to the MidSouth Jeep Club there in Memphis? It might be worthwhile to check out and provide a good network of jeep support. Again, people are typically very willing to lend a hand.

MidSouthJeeps
Old 03-01-2017, 11:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappi
Yikes. Wish I had the tools and resources to do it myself
Just remember that with each instance of deathwobble, more components are likely to be stressed/worn out/damaged. So what might have started as a single loose bolt, ends up being a thousand dollars of replacement parts and months of worry and headaches.

You could rationalize that it would be a whole lot cheaper to buy a set of tools and go through the diagnosis writeup a few times than to wait and take it to a shop, then wait some more and take it to another shop, then wait ...
Old 03-01-2017, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Just remember that with each instance of deathwobble, more components are likely to be stressed/worn out/damaged. So what might have started as a single loose bolt, ends up being a thousand dollars of replacement parts and months of worry and headaches. You could rationalize that it would be a whole lot cheaper to buy a set of tools and go through the diagnosis writeup a few times than to wait and take it to a shop, then wait some more and take it to another shop, then wait ...
Thanks. Its at the shop now 👍🏽
Old 03-01-2017, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
Have you looked in to the MidSouth Jeep Club there in Memphis? It might be worthwhile to check out and provide a good network of jeep support. Again, people are typically very willing to lend a hand. MidSouthJeeps
Perfect. ThAnks
Old 03-02-2017, 08:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default you can get

a long torque wrench at walmart for 20 bucks and a big adjustable wrench.

then just buy a new track bar , even a new stock replacement oem . Remove 2 bolts and replace the track bar in under 30 min. Its easy to do. torque them to about 125 lbs of pressure . done

i went with the monster track bar , but its rather big for dd . and un- lifted vehicle . and was like$ 230.00 compared to a stock one being about 70.00 or
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...FQaBswodBz0NzQ most likely its the track bar. if the jeep hasnt been abused in off road use/ if its not at least you are upgrading the parts along the way. but tb is usually the culprit

Last edited by jeepmojo; 03-02-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble Help