Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble after spring change and leveling kit

Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jde164
So today we installed new springs on my X.

Went from 13 and 14 up front to 17 and 18
Went from 55 to 59 in the rears.

Also installed a terra flex leveling kit (pucks)

Put on rubicon shocks all the way around.

While doing this the also put on spydertrax wheel spacers.
My wheels are stock 17 with 255/75/17 goodyears

On my way home on the highway I hit a bump on a bridge transition and had death wobble. Had to pull over and stop. I need to know what the cause could be. I looked at the other treads and plan on checking the track bar bolts but another ideas would be helpful.
I'm definitely going to subscribe to this thread. I have almost the same set up as you, 2010 Rubi, front 14's to 18's and rear 57's to 59's. I had a lot of weight on the front (LoD bumper and winch), rear (LoD bumper, w/Jerry Cans/Basket). I gained back 2" in the front and 1" in the rear. It seems, maybe close to stock height now, maybe 3/4 - 1" in front.

I planned to install the Teraflex leveling kit, to add just a touch more of lift, but now I'm a little concerned. I may have to just install their 2 1/2" lift kit.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bearstylez
Dude, it's fine! Check all if your torque specs... Balance wheels... That lift is not over 3 inchs....
Unless my tape measurer lied when i did the same thing 2'' spacers and rubi coils netted me 3 1/4 in the front and 1 1/2 in the rear.
There is only so much you can do w/o adding the proper components.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JRodriquez
I'm definitely going to subscribe to this thread. I have almost the same set up as you, 2010 Rubi, front 14's to 18's and rear 57's to 59's. I had a lot of weight on the front (LoD bumper and winch), rear (LoD bumper, w/Jerry Cans/Basket). I gained back 2" in the front and 1" in the rear. It seems, maybe close to stock height now, maybe 3/4 - 1" in front.

I planned to install the Teraflex leveling kit, to add just a touch more of lift, but now I'm a little concerned. I may have to just install their 2 1/2" lift kit.
I'll be watching this thread too. Almost the same setup here except mine is still in the living room. : / The wife is gonna shoot me if I don't get this stuff outta here quick!
Bumpers, springs, winches Oh My!

I was expecting to gain maybe two inches after installing the 17/18's and 59's
then giving back an inch after adding the XHD bumpers. Sounds pretty much what your results were.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well we checked everything over again and still have death wobble. So I am going back to my stock springs with the leveling kit. Hopefully things will get back to normal. If not I will go back to stock (no leveling kit) and see what happens. If I still have death wobble I will be visiting he dealer for warranty work. Live and learn. Also if anyone needs the springs they will be up for sale when I get them off in the morning.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble after spring change and leveling kit