Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble!!!!!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davegus
I've also been having a "Clank" in the front end for a little while now, too. From a stop to starting in first gear (stick), or slowing down to make a 90-degree turn, I've been hearing clanks near either wheel well or even center below. The shop said it's all related to the track bar, and after they tightened it up, they couldn't reproduce the clank. We'll see....

Lastly, after the lift was installed, I noticed the steering is much looser - and the faster the speed, the more lose the steering. At highway speeds, I can move the steering wheel 2-3 inches before the tires move. At crawling speeds it's more like 1" of play in the steering wheel.

I have that same sound .. have since I lifted my JK .. got the 4.5" LA by RE ... I know my trac bar is scratched up like hell ... it hits at an extreme angle turning in and out of parking lots and backing up out of a spot .. stuff like that .. hey we got somethin in common!

No idea what it is ... on the other hand .. got my jeep all torqued down and looked over before the move to GA. My mechanic said that I have to replace my knuckles on my tie rod! They're already startint to wear! I have had my lift only for 13,000 miles .... HMMM! He thought it was a little weird they're already going out! I've only greased em once too!

I dunno ...

drove my moms TJ last night .. god death wobble and TACO BELL do not mix! Lettuce goes flying EVERYWHERE!
Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex: Can I get a new steering stabilizer? I can move my fairly new one in and out with my hands?
Thanks
John
Old 01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default wobble

ok.. my STOCK 07 4dr Wrangler had the first wobble on a bumpy road while hauling a utility trailer, began shaking so violently i had to stop.....second time was on the same road no trailer same thing.... third time at highway speeds on the expressway, i had to jam on the brakes and come to a complete stop...

i havent had the chance to do any backwoods driving, i mostly like it for the snow.

i think it is crap for people to suggest that you need buy a bunch of modification crap to fix a problem that shoud not exist.... i have had many vehicles that i have driven many miles without nonsense like this happening...
my work truck is a 99 dodge pickup, i drive it daily, it has never had any outstanding front end repair, so why should a 2 year old vehicle need all this attention?

right now my jeep is at the dealer, i am sure they will just repalce the stabilaizer and say they couldnt find anything else.....if that is the case i will put a big fat for sale sign on it the same day......

there is NO reason in the world that someone with a STOCK vehicle driving modestly,with full warranty, should have to buy a bunch of crap to fix something that is looking more and more like a design problem....
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

you can fight it. I got it a few times ont he same on ramp. 1-25N from C470, Denver. You can see it coming the road has a line across it of uneven pavement. If you hit it at a turn i can go into death wobble on command. By correcting and going straight over the section and then turning i wont get dw. If its happened before. Just watch for stuff like that to be on the safe side till a solid solution is found.

on that note. Can someone gather everything they know about DW and how to cure it in a simple bullited list??? I hate having to read 20 pages of posts to get one bit of information.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shadowpro-jk
you can fight it. I got it a few times ont he same on ramp. 1-25N from C470, Denver. You can see it coming the road has a line across it of uneven pavement. If you hit it at a turn i can go into death wobble on command. By correcting and going straight over the section and then turning i wont get dw. If its happened before. Just watch for stuff like that to be on the safe side till a solid solution is found.

on that note. Can someone gather everything they know about DW and how to cure it in a simple bullited list??? I hate having to read 20 pages of posts to get one bit of information.
X2...That is where our WJ get the dw....I also ride the brakes a bit in that spot.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble!!!!!