Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death wobble

Old 08-31-2018, 01:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death wobble

Good morning all. New to the whole forum thing but I'm at loss and need help. I have a 07 4 door and just recently upgraded my steering to one ton and replaced my ball joints along with new track bar. I'm currently sitting on a 4 inch lift with 35" tires and over every little bump I'm getting wobble really bad to the point I'm scared to drive it. Any help and suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,901 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Considering you just changed a few things, I'd start by double checking torque on EVERYTHING up front in the steering. Were you having issues before you changed those components, or only after? Do you have the proper torque specs? If not, they're available many places if you just google "JK torque specs".
Old 08-31-2018, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Re-torque everything and check/adjust pinion angle.

Quick Reply: Death wobble