Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death wobble ...

Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death wobble ...

I gots'ed it! on the way to work this morning i experienced what i thought to be the front end of my Jeep ripping itself from the frame. going to check the track bar connections first, and most likely start by replacing it ... so begins chapter 1.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Good luck, may the force be with ya!!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gotta love a jeep! Check your drag link, mine got it real bad and I noticed mine was shot. Get someone to turn the wheel back and forth and see if its got some play in it.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best of luck to you, Ive got it now too. my new Trackbar and Steering Stabilizer are being delivered tomorrow. hoping that solves it. drag link, tie rod, wheel bearings Im hoping are not on the list.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

I just experienced it monday for the first time. I went through planmans checklist and discovered my trackbar mounting holes on the axle and frame are wallowed out bad.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

I just finally got mine fixed. Used planmans checklist. Ended up being my trackbar too. Good luck!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I just finally got mine fixed. Used planmans checklist. Ended up being my trackbar too. Good luck!!!
yeah, his thread is probably THE single most useful source for death wobble. great thread!

well, i took it in yesterday to my local shop and they suspected the usual trackbar, ball joints, tie rod ends so I left it with them all day. come to find out, the trackbar looked good (bushings, bolts, bolt holes) but the ball joints were completely shot. i knew they "weren't so good" as of 4 months ago but i guess they're to a point where they're pretty much dunzo.

so i'm looking at the Dynatrac's and the (slightly less expensive, but still serviceable) Spicer ball joints.

Quick Reply: Death wobble ...