Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble

Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn

Agreed, thats what I was leading up to. Death wobble is caused by worn out or improperly torqued components. Proper maintenance and repair will PREVENT it from occurring.

It's kind of hard to imagine filling a complaint because your vehicle drives like trash because you didn't keep it maintained.

Read planman's write-up, he will walk you through the ins and outs of what death wobble is, and what other similar things often get mistaken as death wobble. Well worth anyone's time.
I had bad DW on a STOCK 07' jeep 5 months after I bought it....
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

At this point I'm pretty sure I would be better served working on it myself, at least I would know everything was thoroughly checked BUT I would probably miss a few things since I'm not well versed in all the components of a vehicle. Plus I'm a much more logical person than a "hey let's try this and see what it does" person. No better time to get dirty and learn I guess lol
Old 03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SrfrGrl
At this point I'm pretty sure I would be better served working on it myself, at least I would know everything was thoroughly checked BUT I would probably miss a few things since I'm not well versed in all the components of a vehicle. Plus I'm a much more logical person than a "hey let's try this and see what it does" person. No better time to get dirty and learn I guess lol
Dealership didn't help? It not that tough or that much once you get to looking it over. You don't have no guy friends who work on jeeps? Do dealerships cut you a deal when they don't fix the problem? I had to try quit a few different things before I got mine driving better. Did you lift the jeep yourself?

Last edited by Jusaplaya; 03-01-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Apparently the other places I took it to just sucked, but am now having a new trac bar and tie end rods put in...we'll see how it drives Friday when I get it back. And no I had the lift professionally installed and I wouldn't let any of the guys I know fumble around with it for the life of me lol

Quick Reply: Death Wobble