Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death Wobble

Old 02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death Wobble

Ok here's the deal...I have a 07 JK 2x4 manual trans, lifted with 3" rough country and new shocks, running 33 terra grappler all-terrains. Been having a death wobble abt two months now (lift and tires been on abt a year). Thus far I've been to three diff places and had the following installed: new steering stabilizer, trac bar, drivers side bushing and ball joint, tires rotated (then rotated back), alignment, and tires balanced. Does anyone have ANY suggestions? I've talked to every Jeep dealership in the area and am completely out of thoughts at this point. Every place I've been to keeps it a day then tells me they cant find anything wrong when obviously there's an issue. I don't want to get rid of it but this is ridiculous and extremely dangerous.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Did you go through this already?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Just do a death wobble search and you will get tons of ideas and info
Old 02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SrfrGrl
Ok here's the deal...I have a 07 JK 2x4 manual trans, lifted with 3" rough country and new shocks, running 33 terra grappler all-terrains. Been having a death wobble abt two months now (lift and tires been on abt a year)...
Did your RC 3" come with a Drop pitman arm and a drop trackbar bracket? I'd recommend investing in a good torque wrench and checking the torque specs on the trackbar (and the trackbar drop bracket, if the kit came with one). DW issues are almost always trackbar related and usually caused by bolts not torqued down to specs or from them working loose over a period of time.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

I'll look into all that. And yes I've already been through all the hell lol it's about to drive me insane because I'm slightly OCD and not being able to fix something drives me crazy!! Thanks to all of you so far, will keep you posted.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll look into all that. And yes I've already been through all the hell lol it's about to drive me insane because I'm slightly OCD and not being able to fix something drives me crazy!! Thanks to all of you so far, will keep you posted.
Lifts and OCD are not a good combination. It will never be perfect. I have that problem. I just looked it up and was wondering if you got 3.25 inch lift? I'd go buy me a torque wrench and start checking everything. Check your trackbar on the axle side to see if the whole has already been egged out. There is a good chance that is a problem. I had that problem. I hope you are a strong girl, cause that 125 lbs of torque on the trackbar is a lot for a girl. You got any pics of the jeep?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Because it looks good and I can afford it lol I'll put some pics up when I get a chance.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder if a drag link flip kit would help. You should call up Off Road Evolution and ask them. There really good at fixing this sort of stuff.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FFA_nsk
Why are you doing off road modifications to a 2wd vehicle. Save your money
Old 02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFA_nsk
Why are you doing off road modifications to a 2wd vehicle. Save your money
Because it looks good and I can afford it lol I'll put some pics up when I get a chance.
Guess that says it all!

Quick Reply: Death Wobble