Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Death wobble

Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by remark
I just put on an OME light kit yesterday and part of today. Along with the OME stuff I got the rear currie links, front JKS detachable sway bar links, front and rear adjustable track bars, front and rear bumpstops and Teraflex front lower control arms.

I know it is a bit of overkill with the added stuff, but I did not want to wish that I had more later and have to do the reinstall all over. (I guess if I add a new bumper and /or winch then I will need the HD and will have to start all over ... but I have no plans for that).

Anyway my question is how do you know when you have the lower control arms adjusted correctly? I have 33" tires (they measure exactly 32" on my rims). When I checked the caster before the install I had 6 degrees (yes I even measured the ground the jeep was sitting on). Now that I have the install completed and I guestimated the proper length of the lower control arms based on some other threads, I have a my caster is at 8 degrees. Is that bad or is that acceptable?

The jeep drives nice, but since I just finished it about an hour ago I have no idea how it is offroad.

Based on this write-up regarding alignment, your Caster is good to go!

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

I think I've seen a write up on the installation of your OME kit, minus all of the great parts you added. It may contains some additional details.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gordhunt
This steering stabilizer fixed it on mine never had a problem since I tried a few others and this system is the only one that truly solved it.

Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit I'd put where I got it but I don't know if they are a sponser or not. Google is your friend !
Old 11-03-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeep_uae
I had this problem before and I had to go for steering Stabilizer

second thing I would suggest to go with control arm and pitman.
I have a HD TF steering stabilizer. Still have DW so it does not fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Death wobble