Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dearest Bartact , Unforseen ream of seam it seems!

Old 10-24-2016, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dearest Bartact , Unforseen ream of seam it seems!

Anyone know of the warranty that comes with Bartact seat covers? One of mine has a ripped seam. I had to email them. See below.

Email to Bartact:

::Bartact,

I bought a set of seat covers for my JK, and let me tell ya, they are the bee's knees. I waited about three months to install my covers, because I started a Hemi engine swap in my JK, and it took a bit of time to get finished. I didn't want to get dust from grinding and welding all over my new seat covers. Welp, it's done. Huzzah!

Now, to accent my new Hemi-powered JK, I decided to go ahead and throw on my new Bartact seat covers. During the process of installing an issue came up. The passenger side seat has a torn seam. Now this could have been done during installation, as I allowed my girlfriend the privilege of installing the passenger side when I was installing the driver side. She says that she did not do it, that it was already like that whenever she was putting it on.

You have a very respectable reputation in the off-road world. I believe you have a great product and Bartact is touted as the best seat covers that one can buy.

However, just as strong as your reputation is, I must also deal with another very well known reputation... my girlfriend is Puerto Rican, and I'm not sure if you are aware of their reputation in the romantic community. Generally they should always be considered armed and dangerous. You see, I would assume that it wasn't damaged when it was shipped, but there is no way for me to tell other than take her word for it. I don't want to. I have to.

Do you see the predicament I am in?

Is my seat covers covered under any type of warranty?

Consider this potentially a life or death scenario.

- Jason Bryant
Old 10-24-2016, 02:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by feroxjb
Anyone know of the warranty that comes with Bartact seat covers? One of mine has a ripped seam. I had to email them. See below. Email to Bartact: ::Bartact, I bought a set of seat covers for my JK, and let me tell ya, they are the bee's knees. I waited about three months to install my covers, because I started a Hemi engine swap in my JK, and it took a bit of time to get finished. I didn't want to get dust from grinding and welding all over my new seat covers. Welp, it's done. Huzzah! Now, to accent my new Hemi-powered JK, I decided to go ahead and throw on my new Bartact seat covers. During the process of installing an issue came up. The passenger side seat has a torn seam. Now this could have been done during installation, as I allowed my girlfriend the privilege of installing the passenger side when I was installing the driver side. She says that she did not do it, that it was already like that whenever she was putting it on. You have a very respectable reputation in the off-road world. I believe you have a great product and Bartact is touted as the best seat covers that one can buy. However, just as strong as your reputation is, I must also deal with another very well known reputation... my girlfriend is Puerto Rican, and I'm not sure if you are aware of their reputation in the romantic community. Generally they should always be considered armed and dangerous. You see, I would assume that it wasn't damaged when it was shipped, but there is no way for me to tell other than take her word for it. I don't want to. I have to. Do you see the predicament I am in? Is my seat covers covered under any type of warranty? Consider this potentially a life or death scenario. - Jason Bryant
Good Luck! I can tell you that Bartact (TrekArmor) stood up and sent me the correct side-air-bag front seat covers when 4WD.com failed to assist.

I would be surprised if they don't make it right. Have had their covers for a couple of years and love them; still look new.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm really impressed with the materials. Definitely can tell the quality of their craftsmanship!

Originally Posted by doc5339
Good Luck! I can tell you that Bartact (TrekArmor) stood up and sent me the correct side-air-bag front seat covers when 4WD.com failed to assist.

I would be surprised if they don't make it right. Have had their covers for a couple of years and love them; still look new.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason,

Your email is outstanding! Good luck with the warranty.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I spoke with Sal at Bartact, and he checked out the picture and said within two seconds that the stitching wasn't deep enough into the material. They're sending out another one.

Thanks, Bartact! Super quick response to my email and great customer service on the phone!

Old 10-26-2016, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

Let's see the cover that is in good shape. I'm thinking of getting some
Old 10-26-2016, 11:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by feroxjb
So I spoke with Sal at Bartact, and he checked out the picture and said within two seconds that the stitching wasn't deep enough into the material. They're sending out another one. Thanks, Bartact! Super quick response to my email and great customer service on the phone!
So glad that it worked-out well for you! Bartact (TrekArmor) is definitely solid!
Old 10-27-2016, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set in my 2013 JKU and they are awesome! It takes a little bit to install them, it is definitely worth it!!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lewvsal
Let's see the cover that is in good shape. I'm thinking of getting some
Here's some of the driver side. Disregard the mess!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161028_001819.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	705.4 KB
ID:	659816Click image for larger version

Name:	20161028_001757.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	659815Click image for larger version

Name:	20161027_235833.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	659814Click image for larger version

Name:	20161028_001832.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	659817
Old 10-27-2016, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the Wet Okole in my TJ before... was not for me. I don't like the fact that it makes me sweat, and they faded pretty quickly and that's with me parking my Jeep in the garage most of the time.

Bartact guarantees 3 years no fading I think.

Also the material is the ripstop nylon fabric.. seems pretty sturdy.

Quick Reply: Dearest Bartact , Unforseen ream of seam it seems!