Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dear Terra Flex - RE: 2.5" Lift

Old 12-31-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear Terra Flex - RE: 2.5" Lift

Just finished the install of my TF 2.5" lift on Thursday. Total time, almost 10 hrs but I am not mechanically inclined at all(barely allowed to touch a power tool for fear of me hurting myself). That said this was the third lift I had installed and the second on a JK(other was a 2.5" BB) and a 1.75" on a TJ. I would have a few suggestions and a little advice to those who will install this lift after me.

1. Terra Flex please include lift specific instruction, I did not need the instruction for the lift without shocks or only shock extensions. In all the excitement I now have a new whole drilled in my frame in that there are two different trackbar drop brackets. One goes on the frame the other on the axle.

2. Coil compresser is not needed at all.

3. The instructions that came with my kit where excellent(except for the multiple variations), the instructions that I printed from TF website were junk and could only be used to start a fire to keep warm.

5. Removal of the front trackbar is not necessary. Step one of the install is remove the front and rear trackbar.

All said I am extremely happy with the Terra Flex product and the Bilstein shocks(can't figure out why they sent new rubber bushings cause they don't fit, believe me we tried, put the old ones back on).

The only downside is I beleive I wore out my welcome with my buddy's wife. He spent two days helping me, in trade for me helping install a lift on his son's TJ
Old 12-31-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KYJEEP
Just finished the install of my TF 2.5" lift on Thursday. Total time, almost 10 hrs but I am not mechanically inclined at all(barely allowed to touch a power tool for fear of me hurting myself). That said this was the third lift I had installed and the second on a JK(other was a 2.5" BB) and a 1.75" on a TJ. I would have a few suggestions and a little advice to those who will install this lift after me.

1. Terra Flex please include lift specific instruction, I did not need the instruction for the lift without shocks or only shock extensions. In all the excitement I now have a new whole drilled in my frame in that there are two different trackbar drop brackets. One goes on the frame the other on the axle.

3. The instructions that came with my kit where excellent(except for the multiple variations), the instructions that I printed from TF website were junk and could only be used to start a fire to keep warm.

5. Removal of the front trackbar is not necessary. Step one of the install is remove the front and rear trackbar.

All said I am extremely happy with the Terra Flex product and the Bilstein shocks(can't figure out why they sent new rubber bushings cause they don't fit, believe me we tried, put the old ones back on).

The only downside is I beleive I wore out my welcome with my buddy's wife. He spent two days helping me, in trade for me helping install a lift on his son's TJ

...Teraflex*
Old 12-31-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KYJEEP

Installed my 2.5 coil lift two days ago, everything went well only problem was after drilling the hole in the rear track bar bracket it didn't line up at all. besides that the lift was very easy to install and it looks and rides great.

Quick Reply: Dear Terra Flex - RE: 2.5" Lift