Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealerships note

Old 09-08-2013, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships note

Service and cost varies by service need, warrantee, deductible, mileage, other factors, and attitude. Your attitude, dealer attitude. 2 of us went in to one in NY. We did good cop bad cop. I was grouchy about issues and she was thinking of buying a Jeep. Salesman had to perform but service had the minimalist attitude.

Friend bought a Jeep in Greenfield MA. Had my rig there. Guy was real, he was excited, and honest. I talked to the service guy and he told me how to fix some things at home and said they would be happy to look at things for free. He also said you can put air soft BBs in your 35s and they will self balance up to 60 mph.

Conclusion: If you need dealership service try to find a good dealership with a good Jeep attitude. If you are too negative with people auto defense will turn them against you instantly. I asked the salesman in Greenfield if he had a Jeep. He said he had a family and a mortgage. I'm taking that guy to a trail. He needs to drive a Wrangler, he sells the damn things. This should inspire a good dealership relationship for me and maybe get this guy into Jeepin.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 AM
JK Junkie

That's a good test you did. It's shocking about how many people go places with a bad attitude and then expect the dealership to have a great attitude.

Hopefully you can convince your local that the Jeep is the perfect family vehicle and add another to the group. Plus it should make that dealership more mod/Jeep friendly if someone there knew about our issues on a personal level.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your small investment in time you made was an awesome gesture and will earn miles of happy returns! If more people made these small investments, the country would be rewarded ten fold, my hats off to you my friend!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Complete waste of time , it's this your first new vehicle from a dealer they change employees like fast food and will say and do whatever it takes to sell you something

As for the bbs in the tires he was truthful because he knows tires are not a warranty item

Yes you should have a good attitude as much as you can when it comes to fixing things that are high dollars

In short you got played because you believe a salesman and dealer
Old 09-08-2013, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

We haven't grabbed the sales guy for a ride yet. I'm sure he'll go and Ill post it. He took pics with us last timewe were there. I have had this Jeep about a month, have no idea what parts were installed, and need ball joints and rod ends. Patients, patients.

Quick Reply: Dealerships note