Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealership Recalibration for tires

Old 03-25-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Recalibration for tires

My BFGs have finally worn out with 50,000 miles (265/75/16) so I'm going to some Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/16. I'm looking at the AEV procal module to recalibrate but was wondering if the dealership could do it. I realize they can only go up to 32". Anybody know the actual ride height of that size in the Terra Grappler? Also, when the dealership recalibrates do they do just the speedo and odo, or does it also change the shift points like the AEV procal? Bottom line, trying to save up for a regear.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

My 295/75/16 terra's measured out to 32" even. (4door with bumper/winch, 8.5" rim at 32psi)

You can't manually adjust shift points with the procal. Programming the new tire height has the effect of putting the shift points back to stock. The dealer flash will do the same thing.

Some dealers will charge $100 or more for this, so if they won't do it for free, you would be much better off just getting a procal.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda what I was thinking too. But the procal will adjust to what it thinks the shift points should be for the tire size right?

Quick Reply: Dealership Recalibration for tires