Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealership didnt fix my speedo

Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Nate
Well I'd say I probably just pissed the salesman off that sold me my JKU. I told him that after doing some research (talking to you guys) that the only way to be able to fix my speedo is to get a procal and so I told him they need to buy me one, so he started babbling about having to talk to his manager and such, so I told him I did some more research and that found out it is legal for your speedo to show 10% more than your speed but it is illegal for it to show anything under your speed and that it needs fixed ASAP. He said he'd let me know tomorrow. What do you guys think, you think they'll throw a procal at me or no. Btw, I'm still within the 30 days of free look when you purchase a vehicle (not that I would give it back) but would certainly act like I would, on 27th day now;$
I think you are good. I would start Implying the programmer you want or they are gonna give you the cheapest one.

One really important note. MAKE SURE YOU WALK OUT OF THERE WITH THE PROGRAMER!

The programers are locked to your vehicle. They may just try to buy one and keep it for other programming...which won't work either.

Do not accept "pay for part of it."

Last edited by sclan; 02-27-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks alot for the advise guys, so just to clarify, once I have the procal calibrated to the 35's, if I decided later to go down to 33's or up to 37's I couldn't use it to adjust the speedo to the new cleats? And your saying that when I adjust my speedo they couldn't keep it to adjust others, so I could keep and have it for when I get new gears and other future mods? Thanks again, I really appreciate all of your input, really wouldn't have a clue about this stuff if wasn't for this forum!
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
JK Freak

Keep pushing for the ProCal...
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks alot for the advise guys, so just to clarify, once I have the procal calibrated to the 35's, if I decided later to go down to 33's or up to 37's I couldn't use it to adjust the speedo to the new cleats? And your saying that when I adjust my speedo they couldn't keep it to adjust others, so I could keep and have it for when I get new gears and other future mods? Thanks again, I really appreciate all of your input, really wouldn't have a clue about this stuff if wasn't for this forum!
The vehicle can be brought back to stock and then change settings if you upgrade tires, gears, etc. You can only use it on one vehicle at a time, that way it can't be shared. You can change settings as many times as you want.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Well the dealership called me this morning and said to have the company that does they're tinting and upgrades and such to go ahea and get me what I need...thanks y'all. Now the next hurdle is I called that place this morning and the owner said he'd never heard of a Procal or the company and so he said he's probably going to have to look for something similar to it through his vendors, any thoughts on that?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

I guess as long as it corrects the problem and set the speedo right then there is not much you can do.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Welp you all aren't going to believe this, just talked with the dealer salesman and the company they do mods through and they hadn't heard of the procal, but they offer the Superchip and so the dealer agreed to pay $365 for the Superchip!!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Welp you all aren't going to believe this, just talked with the dealer salesman and the company they do mods through and they hadn't heard of the procal, but they offer the Superchip and so the dealer agreed to pay $365 for the Superchip!!
NICE!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quick Reply: Dealership didnt fix my speedo