Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealership calibration for oversized tires?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dealership calibration for oversized tires?

I have an AEV Procal that came with the Jeep when I bought it, but after taking the Jeep in, the other dealership (not the one I bought it from) said my setting was off, so they "recalibrated" my Jeep. They calibrated for my 35" Toyo's, but I've heard that they only have a maximum size that they can calibrate to and it's actually closer to 33"....They said they calibrated to the largest setting they had though. So how much would this throw off my MPG calculations? Should my actual MPG be slightly better or worse? My MPG on the dash readout fluctuates a lot, but averages around 10mpg city driving I would say. Have not manually calculated it yet though. I think it seems kinda low at any rate, but not that I'm complaining, I just want to make sure there isn't any problems.

Can I use the Procal to set things back straight? How do I go about doing this? Do I have to undo and then redo all of the settings or what?

Last edited by Runewolf1973; 03-20-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to set it back with AEV if its not locked to your jeep's previous setting... not sure though. try it, can't hurt.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from what i know a 255/75/17 (32.x) is the largest dealer can flash to.

try the Procal and actually measure the front tire and input that number. tweaked mine and now i am spot on with the GPS.

Quick Reply: Dealership calibration for oversized tires?