Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dealer says this, here says that

Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NonHyphenated American
I put the stock stabalizer back on and it's still there, but not as pronounced.
I'd credit the bigger Teraflex with the increased "clunky" noise. It's doing a better job of controlling the steering input from the tires and making the worn or loose part that much more boisterous.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NonHyphenated American
Just had the intermediate shaft replaced under warranty. No clunky steering. Now the test of time.
That's good to know. I have the same clunking on my 2009 unlimited.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got back from the dealer for inspection and "clunky steering" noise... After reading so many posts about the intermediate steering shaft, I presumed (dumb me) it was that....

Turns out I had hit the steering stabilizer bracket (on tie rod), and spun around enough to hit the drag link when the wheel was fully turned.

Dealer wanted $400 for parts and labor to replace the SS and SS Bracket... I got home, and rotated the bracket back, and no more clunking sound... Though looking at the bracket, it will likely get hit again next time I go wheeling, so I may hunt for a relocation or low profile type bracket...
Old 09-18-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

I am on my second intermediate shaft (just installed less then a year ago) and the klunk had returned, so i filled the boot with 5th wheel grease and its as good as new.

Quick Reply: Dealer says this, here says that